Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Senior Manager ensures delivery of technically complex Communications Solutions are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging a team of technical staff.
The individual manages resources, sub-projects and activities, while contributing to availability and delivery goals in direct support of business drivers (including revenue goals and customer service targets).
The individual ensures Communications Solution component life cycles are strategically administered, including currency and product roadmaps are planned in accordance with infrastructure use and project activity.
A Communication Solution consists of environments such as PBX/Automatic Call Distributor, Voicemail, ACD Reporting, Call Recording, Computer Telephony Integration, Unified Communication bundles, Click to talk, Click to chat, Custom solutions, integrated solutions, and all required Hardware. Subject components and relevant client areas continually expand or change over time.
1. Manages a team of IT professionals (direct reports and contractors) and is responsible and accountable for system infrastructure analysis, software currency, hardware deployment, patching, security, resource scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standards development/methodologies. Stays current with latest technology trends, features and practices, particularly on solutions currently installed.
2. Manages and effectively coaches the team in the areas of professional development, performance, professionalism and ensuring staff perform to high professional standards through performance appraisals and measureable objective setting, tracking, scoring and review.
3. Negotiates IT project requirements (i.e. deadlines, budgets, resources, etc.).
4. Oversees the strategic use of key Vendors and governs contract/SOW/SLA deliverables and adherence, including remediation of problem areas.
5. Carries delegated responsibility for production problem (3rd Line) and project problem resolution, adhering to communicating decisions to Senior Management/VP’s/Relationship Managers and exercising when delegated responsibility is not appropriate (client/customer impact etc.).
6. Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
7. Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers within the business lines for both projects and production support.
8. Accountable for managing assigned project, departmental budgets and vendor/project contracts/invoices.
9. Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, are in compliance with IT Technology Roadmap and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software and hardware/infrastructure projects.
* 10 – 15 years technical work experience (PBX/ACD, Voice Recording, WFM, Vmail, UC, embedded languages, CTI integration, predictive dialers, Click to talk, Click to chat, Speech Analytics)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
* Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
* Technical designations an asset (i.e. Avaya, Nortel, Cisco etc.)
The incumbent will be working in normal business conditions. Travelling to meetings may extend to other buildings off premises or to vendor sites.
Occasional work on servers/communications hardware will be necessary.
Off hours work is expected both in the delivery aspects of the role, as well as support. Carrying of a communications device for these purposes will be necessary (i.e.: pager, cell, Blackberry).
Travelling by air or rail outside of province can occur; destinations include other Canadian Provinces and various International locations. These trips tend to be less than two weeks in nature and will comprise of no more than 20% of time per annum overall.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.