- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Manager, Learning & Performance
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Senior Manager, Learning and Performance (Senior Manager), working closely with the Director, plays a key role in ensuring that the learning and development needs of Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) are identified and addressed in a timely basis.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the design, development, communication and implementation of Learning and Performance programs, projects, processes and initiatives that support the needs of IT&S. The Senior Manager will ensure effective change management and the seamless execution of initiatives, while leveraging Corporate and Peer Learning and Relationship Management (RM) relationships. Working both proactively to identify needs and reactively to deliver solutions to identified needs, the Senior Manager will explore a variety of delivery options to ensure efficient and effective training solutions are made available to the client groups. He/she will also be responsible for performing analysis of current learning and performance programs and employee performance expectations and ensure programs are updated as required by the changing business and regulatory environment. The Senior Manager manages, oversees and participates in the creation, delivery and maintenance of training programs covering services, operations/policies, systems and skill development. He/she will collaborate with various levels of management as well as external service providers/ vendors to ensure successful delivery of the learning and development programs.
1. Manage and direct the planning, researching, developing and implementation of learning/development activities for IT&S:
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of training and performance principles and processes. Ensure the training & development department’s materials, processes/procedures and roles/responsibilities are well documented and maintained.
* Support and facilitate the determination and implementation of appropriate solutions to identified performance, environment, and training gaps.
* Work closely with all levels of the management team to develop processes/procedures and/or required documentation to ensure proper support of training exists in the work environment and to allow for transfer of learning to the job.
* Develop and maintain senior management relationships within client group to ensure that training solutions align with business strategy and objectives
* Ensure consistent messages are being delivered within and across programs.
2. Establish learning and development priorities for IT&S professionals based on key business objectives. Work with team members and line management to determine the most appropriate training method. Oversee the design, delivery, co-ordination and measurement of required training including but not limited to the following:
* Product Knowledge: Industry knowledge, and Business/ Bank Priorities
* IT&S operations, policies and procedures
* Customer Focus
3. Manage major IT&S training and business projects. Evaluate, respond to and co-ordinate special training projects to be administered within IT&S and its business units.
* Develop and execute an effective training measurement strategy. Ensure appropriate process is in place to report training measurement to all stakeholders.
* Manage the tracking of employee learning and development initiatives through the Learning Management System.
* Build and foster relationships with other training groups and departments within the bank to continually determine best training practices, better and more cost-effective ways of delivering programs to employees, and, for the sharing of skills, knowledge and resources. Identify, develop and maintain high quality relationships with external consultants to meet accountabilities. Negotiate and supervise contractual arrangements with various external service providers.
4. Streamline existing processes, introduce new corporate programs and maximize departmental capacity
5. Uses strategies to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of talent; building a cohesive team with a shared vision. Provides strong leadership in setting the learning and performance team priorities, strategy and performance objectives. Motivates individual and team performance, knowledge sharing, interprets organizational direction, measures performance and diagnoses training and development needs. Influences the development and evolution of corporate leadership learning programs and Global Learning Strategy as an active member of the Learning Council.
* Excellent knowledge and a proven track record in the identification, development and implementation of Learning and Performance Programs.
* Strong knowledge of IT functional curriculums; Project Management, Business Analysis
* Strong and well developed relationship building and interpersonal skills to work with IT&S management, Corporate HR groups, Learning Council/Heads, and other RM offices and peers.
* Strong project management experience and effective leadership skills to ensure execution of successful delivery/implementation of initiatives, programs and processes within defined timelines
* Excellent knowledge of existing / enterprise wide Learning programs including Corporate programs (e.g., iLead and related systems / reporting mechanisms)
* Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, able to create and convey strategic objectives.
* Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook).
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
University degree required in the field of continuous education and learning.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: