- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Production Support Specialist : 00008DH1
Senior Production Support Specialist : 00008DH1
Employment Type: Regular
HSBC Global Banking and Markets division has a well-established cross asset electronic trading system utilizing FIX protocol covering cash equities, program trading, DMA&DSA, equity derivatives, FX, Futures and Fixed Income trading system platforms. The Client Connectivity IT team is a truly global team staffed with talented, experienced and effective IT professionals based in Americas, Europe and Asia and is operating as a single entity supporting 24/7 real-time trading operations across multiple customer groups
The successful candidate will join as a Senior Production Support Specialist based in Toronto covering New York and London. You will be responsible for supporting the Cross Asset FIX infrastructure hosted in London, New York and Hong Kong, maintaining highest availability of the platform with effective monitoring, deal with systems and order flow issues in production, support clients on-boarding and change deployment.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
- Day to day system monitoring and health check
- Manage production incident and deal with client’s FIX order flow issues
- Work closely with e-Client Execution Service to on-board FIX clients to trade various products and markets with HSBC
- Support testing and implementation of various integration projects with external and internal parties
- Prepare and execution production changes
Leadership & Teamwork
- Advise business staff or unit of technology uses to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Provide technical analysis and solutions to business issues, provides consultation, researches and implements technical alternatives, and maintains awareness of business technology strategies and the technical infrastructure to meet business requirements.
- Seek technical and professional information and processes regarding area of responsibility to enhance department knowledge base.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Provide technical leadership and consultation. Provides computer program and system development and technical support for highly complex, critical programs and systems. Implement strategies to address automation, productivity and infrastructure problems and issues. Plan and coordinate tests and identifies prevention opportunities. Maintain expert knowledge in specialized systems or in multiple systems.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to project team members as directed by the project manager. Lead teams or projects of high complexity. Initiates and conducts feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepares cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs. Analyze vendor solutions and coordinates technology, productivity and performance initiatives. Coordinate activities of assigned personnel and projects. Control project risks and impact on business and strategic plans. May manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage large or critical projects as assigned to ensure objectives are met on time and within cost while continuing to utilize technical expertise. Assist in defining and delivering global and strategic technical projects. Identify and address interfacing functions and applications affected by projects.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a major or minor in computer science or related field and a minimum of seven to ten years proven and progressive experience, including a minimum of three years’ experience in project management required.
- Specialized experience in programming or database languages and techniques for application systems design; recognition as a technical resource within the work group; strong communication, project management, analytical, and leadership skills; the ability to take appropriate risk; a knowledge of businesses supported; and demonstrated ability to apply multiple technologies to business situations and identify and apply productivity improvements, blending the technical environment with strategic direction.
- In-depth experience in operating and supporting high-availability high performance FIX environment in a global real-time trading environment.
- Proficient in the FIX protocol
- Sound technical knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one of the following area:
- Strong Unix / Solaris / Linux administration skills
- Proficient in Unix Script Language: Perl, Korn/bash/c-shell
- Familiar with Java programming with J2SE / J2EE framework, JMS, socket, SOAP
- Point-to-Point and Message Oriented Middleware such as TibCo Rendevous, TCP Socket, RMI and RMDS, and Low Latency technology such as 29West, LLB
- SQL database such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- In-memory distributed cache such as Hazelcast, Coherent
- Exposure to monitoring and analytical tools such as Geneos, Grafana, Splunk
Job Field : Information Technology
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 14-Dec-2016, 15:54:49 Unposting Date : 21-Dec-2016, 23:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: