Wahkohtowin Development GP Inc. is a 100% owned First Nation business corporation that is in search of a dynamic and self-motivated Senior Project Manager to undertake project leadership, coordination and proposal writing functions. To review the current Strategic Plan and access more information about Wahkohtowin Development, please go to www.wahkohtowin.com
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Implement Regional Forestry and Energy related business development activities;
• Continue to build out the key direction in the Strategic Plan;
• Manage all project timelines, budgets and other requirements;
• Identify additional project based human resource needs as required;
• Ensure that project deliverables and reporting requirements are completed on time;
• Write project proposals and funding applications;
• Identify and track various calls for proposals and other funding application opportunities;
• Liaise with external partners and project funding sources as required; and
• Work with the General Manager, staff and Board members as required to complete annual work plans and projects; and,
• Report directly to the General Manager and support quarterly responsibilities to present to the Board as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Proven proposal writing and management skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills well suited to building relationships with existing and new funding partners;
• Ability to deal with diverse groups of people;
• Ability to build, support and motivate project teams as required;
• The ability to develop long term, trusting relationships with potential funding partners and stakeholders;
• Participate in assuring control of financial, risk and compliance processes with good accounting practice;
• Uphold and support a team environment that will be focused on a results and performance-oriented culture; and,
• Participate in a work environment consistent with First Nation principles and corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Required
• A degree or certificate in project management, economic development, marketing or business administration or related field;
• 3 to 5 years of experience in senior project management and proposal writing, preferably in a First Nation’s setting;
• Knowledge of Northern Ontario economic circumstances;
• A valid driver’s license and have your own vehicle
Salary and benefits to be negotiated.
The Board has identified the work location to be Sault Ste Marie, ON. (negotiable)
Interested candidates are requested to email a full resume with covering letter outlining their qualifications and suitability for the position along with three references by July 12th at 4:00 p.m. to the following:
Wahkohtowin Development GP Inc.
P. O. Box 1049
Chapleau, Ontario, P0M 1K0