- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Project Manager – Intl Banking Contact Centres Program Management
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada’s most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
As Canada’s most international bank, Scotiabank operates as one team, locally and globally. Our dynamic International Banking division encompasses Scotiabank’s retail and commercial banking operations in more than 40 countries outside Canada – an international presence unmatched by our competitors. Our branches, representative offices, subsidiaries and affiliates provide a full range of financial services to customers across the Caribbean and Central America, Mexico, Latin America and Asia.
Senior Project Manager – International Banking Contact Centres Program Management Office
(Two positions available)
You will be responsible for the effective leadership and management of International Banking Contact centres (IBCC) strategic projects, from initiation to successful completion. In his role, you will be tasked with leading a cross-functional team(s) in the execution of medium/high complexity projects.
You must ensure that all projects are completed within the measures of high quality, time and budget and that the business needs of our internal client(s) are met. This position includes working closely with the business lines, technology partners, third party vendors and the countries where Scotiabank operates.
1. Provide IBCC management team with consulting and support in business case preparation, business opportunity assessment and feasibility analysis, from concept to executive approval.
2. Provide effective leadership and management to IBCC strategic projects, ensuring that all projects are successfully completed within the measures of high quality, scope, time and budget. The incumbent accomplishes this by:
* Ensuring project adherence to Scotiabank project management policies and standards.
* Managing project scoping, ensuring that objectives, deliverables, assumptions, dependencies and constraints are clearly defined and documented.
* Identifying required team members. Defining project governance and identifying senior stakeholders to form steering committees. Preparing Steering Committee documentation, presentations and chair meetings.
* Establishing a strong working relationship with the internal client(s) for each assigned project. Working with them to articulate and document the desired business outcomes.
* Preparing Project Management documentation, including project charter, schedule, budget, communication plan, risk assessment, among other documents.
* Coordinating the definition of the project’s business requirements with the business leads/subject matter experts. Providing guidance and support to quickly move projects from concept to detailed requirements and executive approval.
* Ensuring project key deliverables / components / activities such as business requirements definition, testing plan, implementation plan, business change management plan, etc. are reviewed, discussed and approved by the appropriate parties/individuals.
* Managing overall project execution phase (i.e. creating a robust project plan, identifying project dependencies, integrating project’s components, tracking activities to the project plan, etc)
* Proactively managing project risks and issues. Defining and executing mitigation plans, jointly with team members.
* Managing, tracking and reporting on the project budget. Preparing monthly cost/expenses forecast, quarterly accruals and year end carry forwards.
* Communicating the project status to the Team Members/Senior Management. Preparing project communication documentation such as project’s dashboard, meeting minutes, etc. Resolving and/or escalating issues timely.
* Managing Vendor Selection Process, if applicable. Participating in the negotiation of contractual obligations with Third Parties.
* Ensuring adherence to the Project Change Management process.
* Leading operational and financial activities to formally close the project. Ensuring the successful transition from ‘project’ to ‘ongoing process’, in coordination with all involved parties.
3. Provide leadership and direction to the project team members. Keep them motivated to accomplish the established goals. Leverage available resources in a manner that maximizes performance and productivity within the Team.
* Effective project management and leadership skills are essential.
* Proven ability to manage complex and multiple projects with tight and conflicting deadlines – fast paced, dynamic work environment.
* Sound working knowledge of contact centre strategies, operations, technologies and industry trends.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to successfully engender a participative process across a culturally diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong initiative, forward thinking and creative problem solving skills with the ability to create or stimulate customer-focused strategies.
* Strong level pc/software skills, particularly in MS office suite and project/process design and administration tools (e.g. Visio, MS project
* Fluency in English and Spanish is a requirement.
* 5+ years of experience as Project Manager
* Business and / or equivalent undergraduate degree
* PMP Designation.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: