- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Recruitment Partner – First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates-1900013236
Senior Recruitment Partner – First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates-1900013236
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Metis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
The Senior Recruitment Partner is mandated to develop effective relationships with hiring managers and business leaders within the Corporate Areas (CA) line of business within the bank, establishing credibility for the recruitment function and ensure ongoing satisfaction with the services provided.
Partnering with the sourcing team, this individual is responsible for managing mission critical recruiting assignments, creating and executing a search strategy with accountabilities for full lifecycle recruitment.
Supporting a talent mindset in hiring managers and business leaders, this role monitors industry trends to identify new channels and approaches to search and recruitment, educating the business and peer coaching to meet the overall objectives of the team.
- Relationship Management
- Develop effective relationships with hiring managers and business leaders for the CA portfolio to establish credibility for the recruitment function and ensure ongoing satisfaction with the services provided to the business
- Develop and maintain a personal network of contacts (both internal and external) for candidates and referral sources to support effective recruitment strategies
- Operate in a front-line capacity and represent BMO FG during phone conversations, face-to-face interviews and recruiting events, using every opportunity to present BMO FG as an Employer of Choice
- Develop effective relationships with candidates to ensure the ongoing willingness of candidates to continue discussions about employment opportunities at BMO and to refer other top talent potential candidates to BMO FG in alignment with a defined relationship management plan
- Candidate Recruiting
- Conduct upfront diagnostic with the hiring manager to understand talent need and develop a search and recruitment strategy
- Analyze the role requirements to determine the appropriate knowledge, skills and capabilities required to do the job using the defined tools and assess the fit of current candidates in the candidate database and through established personal networks
- Develop a search plan, position specifications and project timelines
- In partnership with sourcing team, leverage online recruiting sources, recruitment programs and the in-house candidate database to identify and recruit qualified candidates, both internal and external to BMO FG
- Develop and communicate a compelling Employee Value Proposition to potential candidates for every recruiting assignment that clearly identifies the Bank’s need, requirements and benefits to the candidates
- Interview and assess candidates to determine the fit of the candidate to BMO FG overall and to the knowledge, skills and capabilities required to do the specific job
- Prepare a short-list of candidates for the business to interview for the recruiting assignment, providing a rationale to the hiring manager
- Lead the job offer proposal process, in partnership with the hiring manager and the Human Resources Business Partner, sharing knowledge of the market conditions for the specific role and the personal requirements of the candidate
- Coach and provide support for the hiring manager in the job offer negotiation process to help ensure a positive outcome
- Support a talent mindset in senior business leaders and hiring managers through the ongoing discussions of talent and potential of candidates
- Meet all requirements for the recruitment process to ensure that the desired customer experience is delivered to the candidate
- Business Operations
- Provide bi-weekly status updates to hiring managers
- Provide written candidate assessments and short list presentations
- Follow established standards and governance for the candidate database, including the relationship management and contact standards, ensuring privacy of information and a systematic approach for recommending candidates for specific roles
- Maintain data integrity to ensure that the most accurate candidate and company information are on record within the candidate database
- Maintain accurate record of conversations with candidates and status for the candidate to ensure that institutional knowledge is created and retained within the system
- Follow protocols for using the candidate database prior to making any candidate contact to ensure that established relationship management and contact principles are maintained
- Provide feedback and suggestions for any improvements to the recruitment process, standards and tools that will help improve the overall effectiveness of the recruiting function in the Strategic Workforce Recruitment Centre
- Risk Management & Compliance
- Follow all established procedures for risk management and compliance set within the Strategic Workforce Recruitment Centre
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of financial services, ideally banking, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Superior client management skills, able to effectively & persuasively present information
- Experienced in retained executive search as well as full life cycle recruitment
- Strong business acumen, with an ability to interpret business direction and realign/develop/recruiting strategies and refine tactics accordingly
- University degree
- Familiarity with Recruitment CRM’s and Taleo
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Able to present BMO FG and job offers in a compelling manner
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple requests at one time and work in a fast paced environment
- Able to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: