Reporting to the Manager, Information & Technology TPH this employee is responsible for creation and sustainment of innovative data services and solutions to create value for the business and deliver projects of various sizes and complexity impacting multiple business units and IT stakeholders
- Provide leadership in the area of enterprise Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence solution development and sustainment at tactical, project and operational levels
- Manage Data Governance activities including putting standards, policies, processes and capabilities in place leveraging best practices to ensure that appropriate targets for data quality, reference and master data, metadata, data security and data architecture are set and achieved to match the needs of the business
- Capture, integrate, store, protect and remove data as specified by data owners according to the organizational requirements and standards
- Serve as subject matter expert on technical aspects of data management
- Develop and/or apply complex information delivery models (e.g. reports, dashboards, scorecards, advance information visualizations, open data) within the context of divisional and corporate architectures and technology standards, supporting programs in their discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in data to describe, predict, and improve business performance
- Lead various stages of projects, manages project team members and resources ensuring successful delivery of solutions through proper coordination, issue management, change management, resource management, budget control, quality assurance, migration planning, contingency measures and risk mitigation
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to stakeholders, clients, project managers/leads and project steering committees of any business and technical decisions, actions, issues, and risks that may impact solution delivery, business processes, and technical support
- Coordinate Geospatial Information System (GIS) solutions for TPH leveraging I&T Division Geospatial Competency Centre (GCC) services
- Provide technology enablement solutions in the area of Content Management (unstructured data)
- Provide technologies, support, and services relating to the production, standardization and use of open data
- Lead in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing DW/BI capabilities and increasing functionality
- Supervise, motivate and train staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourage innovation in others
- Make effective recommendations with respect to hiring, work assignments, performance appraisals and disciplinary action
- Recommend and implement solutions that are consistent with privacy and quality assurance requirements, and legislation and corporate standards
- Manage database development services including logical and physical data models; ERD; data dictionary; data classification/taxonomy; database development, testing, and deployment
- Prepare RFI/I/P/Qs and other formal project documents (SOWs, MOUs, business cases, project charters, SLAs); participate in evaluating, selecting and recommending technical solutions and professional services; assist in managing vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process
- Assist in the development, recommendation and administration of project and operating budgets for TPH IT and ensures that the expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget
- Assess and develop long term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners, business managers and corporate database administrators
- Lead project teams to determine requirements, research, evaluate, design, develop, and build new databases and/or acquire, implement and provide day to day operational database support
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- University degree in computer science or related discipline and/or considerable years of experience working on large scale information technology projects or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive experience of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (BI) development and sustainment including large-scale enterprise implementations, multidimensional data marts and analytics applications covering the full solution lifecycle.
- Experience utilizing Data Governance and Management frameworks offered by industry analysts and data management organizations including DAMA.
- Experience using Oracle Data Warehouse and BI technologies including Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Data Integrator, OBIEE, Oracle BI Publisher.
- Experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting large scale Oracle databases.
- Experience using Oracle Database development technologies including Oracle DB, SQL Developer Suite, Oracle Designer, Oracle Client.
- Experience integrating GIS system with other enterprise level systems and BI solutions.
- Experience using GIS technologies including ESRI ArcGIS.
- Experience in supervision, teamwork, facilitation, communications, conflict resolution, problem solving, and team leadership in projects, assignments and service engagements.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent methodologies, frameworks, and approaches to BI solution development and sustainment: Project Management Methodology (PMI), Agile, Kimball dimensional modelling, Change Management, ITIL.
- Business acumen to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Track record enabling the delivery of information requirements (e.g. KPIs, dashboards) by turning data into information.
- Ability to prepare, organize and present business cases, proposals, solutions and budgets or similar formal documents and statements to various audiences, including stakeholders, clients and the public.
- Knowledge of Data Quality tools like SAP Information Steward, Modeling and metadata7management tools like Embarcadero, Microsoft BI technologies and tools like PowerBI and SAP HANA.
- Familiarity with GIS public cloud solutions would be an asset including Google MAP, Bing Open Street.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com,quoting the job ID #2267359 and the job classification title.