Your experience in large-scale SAP Supply Chain project implementations preferably SAP Ariba, where you used the full lifecycle of the ASAP methodology to support the large scale projects, has prepared you well to join the City of Toronto as a Senior Systems Integrator.
Reporting to the Manager, SAP Enterprise Business Services unit in Enterprise Solutions Delivery, you will manage the intake process for procurement related SAP development for the City of Toronto.
Your primary responsibilities as a Senior Systems Integrator (SAP Senior Business Technical Analyst – SCM) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Assist stakeholders in the development of business requirements.
- Manage the process of developing functional specification documents to support business requirements.
- Liaise with SAP team involved in delivery of SAP solutions to the City.
- Understanding the business requirements and manage the triage process for assessing new development requests.
- Manage the reporting to stakeholders of development request.
- Assist in the prioritization of development requests.
- Report to stakeholders on development priorities.
- Assist stakeholders in determining requirements, building business cases, conducting research, evaluating options, making recommendations, assisting with design, as needed, implementing solutions, and providing technical and business support for application software and information solutions to meet client and business requirements within the City’s SAP environment.
- Provide functional and business expertise to initiatives focused on business process reengineering in the EAM domain.
- Support the preparation of RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and other formal project documents (e.g., SOWs, MOUs, SLAs), lead the evaluation, selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services, and manage vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Represent IT and Internal Services, as required, in internal and external meetings, forums and presentations regarding business and technical solutions, technology and methodology decisions, development and deployment directions, information policies and standards, and other relevant management aspects.
- Assess and recommend scalable, interdepartmental business solutions within the context of corporate architecture standards, policies, procedures and technologies.
- Contribute to the creation and sustainment of IT frameworks (e.g., corporate architectures, methodologies, tools, techniques and standards).
- Develop and/or apply complex information and business models (e.g., provincial/municipal information model, departmental data marts and corporate data warehouse) within the context of corporate architectures and technology standards.
- Report to senior management, business and technical stakeholders on all assigned Service Requests and incidents related to projects and sustainment activities (including work plan, progress, budget, risks, contingencies, issue management, change management, resource management, quality review / best practices).
- Identify and develop cross-departmental/divisional initiatives to produce synergizes and economies of scale.
- Analyze current business practices, understand project concept documents, business processes, requirement traceability matrix, data flows in the context of evolving information architecture, and performance measures, prepare feasibility studies and recommend changes to meet business objectives and leverage enterprise infrastructure investment (e.g., Web building blocks, corporate databases).
- Work with multi-jurisdictional senior business directors / managers and Information Technology (IT) management to establish and sustain project management structures (e.g., steering committee, sponsors).
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience in SAP implementation projects with experience in SAP supply chain processes in large-scale SAP project implementations, covering the full project lifecycle as defined in ASAP methodology. Experience in large-scale public sector SAP Enterprise Asset Management project implementations, an advantage.
- Experience with SAP supply chain functional design and configuration expertise with SAP certification or equivalence in the following areas, preferably with integration between them:
- Materials Management (MM)
- Logistics Execution (LE)
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Warehouse Management
- SAP Ariba.
- Project management experience in all stages of complex IT projects, with emphasis on financial management, estimating resources, critical path identification and successful project delivery in a large, diverse computing environment.
- Experience gathering business requirements, developing business cases, developing requests for proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent SAP tools and methodologies: ASAP Methodology, SAP Solution Manager (Project Management, Change Management/ChaRM, Service Request Management, Incident Management, SAP Test Acceleration & Optimization (TAO), SAP Test Data Migration Server, Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA), Architecture of Integrated Information Systems (ARIS) SAP Quality Center by HP (HPQC) .
- Experience in providing status reporting for all the Service requests and Incidents for project and sustainment activities.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Quality assurance testing strategies and support the business in the development of quality assurance (testing) plan
- Experience in managing the Cutover processes and post go-live document review plan (Sustainment support model)
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and considerable years of progressively more responsible experience working on large-scale information technology projects, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to effectively lead meetings, facilitate solutions, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and coaching internal business and technical team members on a project basis.
- Experience in supervising contracted resources, reporting work assignment progress against budget and assessing performance on a project basis.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in utilizing project management tools in planning and implementing complex projects and/or packages.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective consulting relationships with corporate clients and vendors, using a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of emerging architectures, technologies or products such as data warehousing, e-service, quality assurance tools, data retention and document management, particularly as they relate to integration with the SAP system environment.
- Demonstrated experience in, and knowledge of, current and emerging information management concepts and technologies, including information management, component-based design, object- oriented techniques, business/data modelling methodologies, meta data repository management, relational database management technology, business intelligence and decision support for a multi-tiered, multi-platform, network-centric computing environment.
- Proven ability to provide coaching, training and work direction to other project staff effectively, as well as appraise work outcomes and quality accurately and fairly as input to the manager.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies: Bates Project Management Methodology (CPMI compliant), Rational Rose UML, ERwin, SAP Quality Centre by HP, Oracle Warehouse Builder, IBM WebSphere, Java, J2EE, EJB, HTML, XML, PowerBuilder, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Experience in managing an IT change management and change approval processes
- Good understanding of solution manager Service requests and Incidents
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology”
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team. Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as a Senior Systems Integrator within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system, the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, and the integration with Canada Post’s ePost Service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.