- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Sr. Manager, Pharmacy Operations – National
Sr. Manager, Pharmacy Operations – National
The Senior Manager Pharmacy Operations, National, is responsible for the Active Pharmacy operations covering Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba and New Brunswick. This includes the front-end pharmacy operations, related member/customer service functions and back end pharmacy production operations to meet established key performance indicators, financial and strategic objectives as set by the General Manager, Pharmacy. This position is also accountable to manage specialty pharmacy services nationally to ensure ESC delivers high quality services and meets service commitments and KPIs related to the specialty business. The position oversees and coordinates specialty pharmacy operations and functions performed by specialty personnel in pharmacy sites and Therapeutic Resource Consultant (dotted line reporting) and with direct responsibility for Advocate Services.
- Responsible for the management of individual pharmacy sites in the region to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements, SOPs, client contracts, and other compliance requirements.
- Ensure end-to end accountability for Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy Specialty business. Ensure high quality patient and customer service through quality, accuracy and on time processing of specialty prescriptions. Incumbent will establish and monitor specialty business KPIs (i.e., operational, financial) and direct/support the specialty team to achieve them.
- Conduct financial and strategic analyses and develop recommendations for ongoing business process improvements, Continuous Quality Improvement, operating efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Responsible for productivity results in the region through managing, calibrating and measuring staff-level resources for consistent productivity targets.
- Responsible for performance to service level targets.
- Lead and assist in planning, analysis and implementation of additional service capacity in the Region including establishing or moving to new facilities, implementing business improvements, automation, IT systems and other improvements supporting business goals.
- Represent Active Pharmacy in meetings with plan sponsors carriers and other stakeholders as directed to support sales efforts and ongoing relationship management.
- Develop regional leadership to ensure continuous leadership bench strength.
- Lead/participate in Active Pharmacy strategic and operational initiatives focused on the ongoing development of the business such as performance improvement/reengineering, IT systems development and other key projects as directed.
- Accountability to annual operational expenditure budgets for pharmacy sites
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a retail pharmacy setting; Preferential experience in bulk dispensing, mail order, or central fill type retail pharmacy operations;
- Minimum 5 years in leadership role in a pharmacy or District Manager role;
- Bachelor of Science and/or business degree; MBA an asset;
- A valid Pharmacist license in good standing an asset though not an absolute requirement;
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office; Moderate relational database query skills (e.g., Access)
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies;
- Analytical thinking, demonstrated ability to leverage data for problem solving;
- Financial analysis skills;
- Demonstrated ability to delegate to direct and indirect reports, ability to focus on top priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal;
- Able to work towards specific deliverables within an environment of tight deadlines and significant pressure; Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills required;
- Operations knowledge and experience required – includes specific experience using data analytics and reporting as a means to manage Operational decision-making (staffing, demand planning, quality, etc.).
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: