STUDENT ASSOCIATE, INDIGENOUS INITIATIVES
RATE OF PAY: $15.00 per hour
Location: Downtown Toronto – University Ave. and Dundas St. W.
Short term: Approximately from May 22 – August 30 (16 weeks)
This role will report to the Manager, Indigenous Initiatives for several projects and administrative support tasks.
Several projects and strategic initiatives will be supported in this position. Project duties will include telephone and internet research, attending information booths, drafting documents and briefs, email correspondence, administrative and coordination tasks.
The successful candidate will work with Kids Help Phone employees and volunteers, as well as contacts at partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
Indigenous young people are encouraged to apply. Preference will be shown for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge and experience working with Indigenous people, groups and stakeholders with awareness of on- and off-reserve, rural and remote communities
- Administrative and/or project roles, particularly in an Indigenous environment
- Writing in a professional environment, including e-mail communication, note-taking and reports
- Between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or refugee protection status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Excellent customer service
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Independent and collaborative work skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Volunteer, placement, coop or employment experience
- Some travel within Canada required
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people, with focus on First Nations, Inuit and Métis young people across Canada, and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit; https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_studentassociateindigenousinitiatives
This posting will close end of day Sunday, April 28, 2019.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program. Scent free environment.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.