Summer Intern Student
Reporting to the Client Relations Manager, the Summer Intern Student will support the coordination and development of program initiatives for National Services. This position is based in Toronto.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support program logistics for National assignments
- Assist CESO staff with special projects and events
- Carry out preliminary research on given topics in order to contribute to program growth
- Present results of research to team members to assist with strategic program development
- Work on special projects as required
- Support daily operations for National team
- Assist the National program with logistics, research and writing as required
- Support National team with the recruitment of Volunteer Advisors
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to listen, take direction and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of office management procedures and practices
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently attending a full-time post-secondary school and returning in the fall 2017
- Knowledge of International Development and/or volunteer cooperation programs
- Knowledge of Aboriginal development organizations, agencies and commissions
- Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset
JOB TYPE: Contract, summer position
COMPANY NAME: CESO (Canadian Executive Services Organization)
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: At CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization), we work on developing sustainable solutions to reduce poverty and foster strong economic growth in Canada and globally. Our volunteers have real impacts where we work, driving both economic and social change, working with clients and partners to create a strong private sector and an environment for communities to thrive.
We partner with communities and organizations from the Americas, Asia and Africa, as well as collaborate with Indigenous communities across Canada. We are a team of committed volunteers and staff who believe deeply in the power of partnership to foster economic health and stability, and to transform lives.
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.ceso-saco.com
LOCATION OF POSITION: Toronto
Please forward your resume and cover letter with Summer Intern Student – National Services
in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
CLOSING DATE: Friday March 31, 2017
The successful candidate must be registered and working with an employment counsellor at Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training, Toronto.
In addition, the successful candidate must also meet the requirements of the targeted wage subsidy through Miziwe Biik.
For more information, contact:
MIZIWE BIIK, Aboriginal Employment and Training
167 Gerrard Street East
Toronto ON M5A 2E4
Tel: (416) 591-2310 Fax: (416) 591-3602
Toll Free: 1 877 980 6961
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.