- Supports the Licence Permit Issuing Office’s customer service counters by receiving applications and renewals from the public for business licences, right of way permits and Vehicle for Hire licences; and ensures accuracy and completeness.
- Supports the Call Centre’s operations by providing information verbally and in writing to clients and completes other transactions.
- Enters data related to vehicle safety inspections; processes transactions for mobile business licensing transactions; as well as providing information to callers.
- Responds to inquiries by phone in a call centre environment, in person, and in writing that requires a broad knowledge of the operational area/function or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents. Recognizes and corrects errors.
- Drafts correspondence. Inputs, updates and maintains data.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill.
- Prepares forms, utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer.
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents.
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation.
- Receives balances and records payments and completes receipts.
- Reviews applications with respect to compliance/eligibility.
- Receives and processes payments for licences and permits. Issues business licences and permits.
- Responds to inquiries requiring knowledge of licensing and permits.
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience performing various clerical and administrative support duties.
- Considerable experience working in a fast paced front-line customer service and/or call centre environment.
- Experience using computers and the ability to utilize a variety of software.
- Experience creating and formatting documents, reports, charts, and spreadsheets.
- Considerable experience with computerized office systems that support Division programs (ie, printers, POS Machines, Microsoft, data entry and other software systems (ICON, MTO searches) and computer applications.
You must also have:
- Excellent conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on volume and accuracy.
- General understanding of current issues and trends in business licensing and the ability to respond to inquiries requiring knowledge of the operational / area / function.
- General knowledge of the provisions of the City of Toronto Municipal Code as it pertains to Business Licensing and Regulatory Services.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, councillors, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Good organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees in a team oriented environment and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to handle and resolve difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and legible manner.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2266193 and the job classification title.