|Position Title :
||Systems Analyst III (ICT Enterprise Applications Support)
|Reports To :
||Manager, ICT Enterprise Applications Support
|Position Summary :
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus, university known for academic excellence and a culture that inspires lives of leadership and purpose. Laurier has a distinct commitment to teaching, research, experiential learning, sustainability and scholarship, which combine to address critical challenges in society, business, the economy and the environment – globally and in the communities we serve. At Laurier’s heart is its strong student focus, which results in exceptional levels of student satisfaction and a deep sense of community that lives on through the university’s highly engaged alumni.
Laurier takes pride in building meaningful relationships with colleagues and students. The Laurier community supports one another, encourages collaboration and teamwork and respects work/life balance, all while recognizing the importance of a challenging, rewarding and inspiring career. Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as locations in Kitchener and Toronto.
Diversity is one of Laurier’s core values. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Systems Analyst III.
The Systems Analyst III reports to the Manager, ICT Enterprise Applications Support. The incumbent will assume complete responsibility for the full life-cycle development of Laurier’s Enterprise Solutions and for maximizing effectiveness and usability of the systems in a web-enabled environment. The incumbent will work closely with individuals from other University departments. The regular hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Responsible for systems analysis and design in accordance with accepted standards. Activities include project management, analyzing and documenting existing and new processes, redesigning workflow for greater efficiency, database design and development and conducting fit-gap analysis
- Participate on the implementation team and coordinate with external and internal resources on new installations, upgrades or migrations of Enterprise Solutions
- Ensure adequate testing is conducted prior to releasing new software enhancements into production. Ensure that accurate and complete systems and end-user documentation exists for applications supported and maintained by the Enterprise Solutions department.
- Give instructions and client training on an on-going basis; provide technical support in the effective use and design of application reporting systems.
- Provide quality programming and development as well as systems support, maintenance and troubleshooting in a client-server and web enabled environment.
- University degree in Computer Science/Math, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, Informix, MS SQL) in a Linux / Windows operating system environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Tomcat and/or Apache web server
- Programming expertise with object oriented, GUI and web development tools and technologies (e.g. Oracle Developer, Eclipse, C++, Java)
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, Oracle Forms, or Evisions is an asset
- Experience with Hannon Hill’s Cascade, Apache Velocity, XSLT is an asset
- Experience with Sharepoint Online, Office365 is an asset
- Experience in developing and implementing applications and user interfaces in a web-enabled environment utilizing backend databases and familiarity with PHP, SQL, JS/JQuery, XML, WordPress and e-Commerce is an asset
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to function and collaborate effectively with faculty and staff in a high demand environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be discreet and to maintain confidential information.
- A desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and rapidly changing environment requiring a commitment to continuous learning.
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full-time, limited term position with an anticipated end date of September 2021. This position is eligible for educational equivalencies: https://lauriercloud.sharepoint.com/sites/human-resources/employee-relations/employee-groups/Pages/wlusa.aspx
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact Equity and Accessibility at email@example.com
. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org