To provide expertise and advice related to Project & Work Package Management; Feasibility & Business Cases; Business Requirements, Research, Analysis of data & Report Design; Software Program Utilization and Implementation & Testing; Training including e-learning modules development & Documentation; Implementation & Rollout of programs in support of business needs, maintenance and enhancements of programs and reports. Provides technical expertise in policies and procedures to meet business needs. Develops and implements business changes such as document management, inventory controls, and e-learning modules and enhances automated reporting.
- Performs, analyzes and creates recommendations using data from various sources related to wastewater treatment including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, iHistorian, eOPS, WEBI, other Wastewater Facility and Collection Systems information, Laboratory Information Systems, Work Management Systems, SAP, and other databases.
- Develops and implements automated reports using tools such as SAP WEBI, Crystal Reports, from various data sources in response to wastewater treatment needs
- Oversees the development and ongoing maintenance of document management system for facility including electronic and physical libraries, including developing, collaborating with others and maintaining standards for Open Text Content Server implementation
- Development of e-learning modules for wastewater processes and operation using software such as Articulate
- Develops and collaborates with others for the creation, purchase and administration of database applications for specific needs such as multiple project management..
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with clients to discuss/assess client’s needs.
- Prepares project charter, statements of work and project plans.
- Identifies risks and prepares action plans to mitigate.
- Conducts or leads team in delivery of projects or work packages.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with internal & external groups on accomplishment of deliverables.
- Prepares and presents status report and variance explanation for projects or work packages.
- Prepares findings & “Lessons Learned” from post-implementation project reviews.
- Assesses, analyzes, evaluates and recommends process & policy alternatives for projects & work packages.
- Redesigns business principles, processes, policies and standards by recommending best practices and improvements to current processes.
- Determines business requirements and builds consensus amongst clients.
- Prepares Business Plans, Gap Analysis, Logical Data Models and Design documents for proposed solutions that leverage information & technology as part of the solution.
- Provides input to Data Management teams on transformation of clients’ business requirements.
- Recommends improvements to current methodology, process, standards, and policies.
- Assists staff in understanding of business processes and logic.
- Liaises with staff in development of test strategy, test cases & test scripts for system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed.
- Leads team to draft implementation & rollout strategies and plans.
- Conducts walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems.
- Prepares training material and documentation for use by clients and staff.
- Conducts training for client and their staff.
- Collaborates with clients on “Go / No Go” cut-over decisions e.g. roll-outs.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Degree or Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Engineering or Technologist or Business Administration/Commerce or equivalent combination of education and experience relating to these disciplines
- Experience with the facilitation, development and implementation of software programs in support of business needs
- Experience with the implementation and utilization of database systems.
- Experience with SQL and basic programming.
- Experience working with software applications to meet business needs.
You must also have:
- Experience using MS Excel and Access.
- Proven experience in participating or leading groups in resolving stakeholder needs.
- Knowledge in Document Management Systems such as OpenText Content Server would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Training Software such as Articulate would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Business Flow Chart Creation and Analysis.
- Project Management Professional Designation would be an asset.
- Experience in the development and configuration of Crystal Report or SAP/WEBI Reports would be an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work with competing demands, prioritize and meet deadlines.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.