Reporting to a Senior Systems Integrator/Project Manager, Public Health, the Systems Integrator 2 (Oracle Apex Developer) will be required to assist the Division in developing and supporting web-based information and reporting Systems for various TPH programs. The modules developed must adhere to established TPH development standards. The development environment consists of Oracle 11g/12c, and APEX 5.x. Particular knowledge of Oracle APEX v5.x, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL, Single Sign On, is required. The position will also involve working with multi-discipline teams to integrate various infrastructure components.
Your primary responsibilites as an Oracle Apex Developer will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Prepare programming specifications based on provided business documents
- Conduct unit testing, system integration testing and provides active participation during the Quality Assurance (QA) phase
- Prepare deployment packages and participates in the deployment process
- Assess, analyze, evaluate and recommend alternatives for projects & work packages
- Conduct walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems
- Establish and maintain business relationships with clients to discuss/assess clients’ needs
- Liaise with staff in development of test strategy, test cases & test scripts for system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience developing/sustaining medium to large scale systems using Oracle APEX; most recently using APEX 5.x.
- Experience with designing robust, scalable, secure, auditable and functionally sound systems.
- Experience with testing, integrating and deploying systems within a large infrastructure environment.
- Experience in the preparation of IT related documentation.
- Experience working with Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS and overall Oracle system/environment architecture.
- Experience with data modelling.
You must also have:
- Understanding of application deployment approaches, and standard dev-QA-Production cycles.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Testing methods, and MS Office.
- Understanding of privacy and security regulations would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2264385 and the job classification title.