Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Business Technology Operations Project Delivery team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Advisory Technical Business Analyst. Our department is responsible for providing project resources to various teams within Information Technology & Solutions.
The individual will be involved in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle including research, analysis and documentation of business and technical requirements development support and testing support for new systems or enhancements.
Initiatives will be medium to large in scope with a high degree of complexity.
To join our team, you must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, and have an eagerness to learn, and thrive on challenge.
1. Facilitate work sessions with business clients and other stakeholders to gather business and process flow requirements. Assist in translating results into a Business and/or Technical Requirements Document.
2. Research and analyze business requirements for new/enhanced systems to determine best fit for technology and how to best meet requirements or if necessary, how best to amend requirements to meet the realities of delivery time lines and resource constraints.
3. Translate Business Requirements into technical design and functional requirements document.
4. Provide analysis of data requirements. Identify data sources and requirements for data migrations, data conversion and data loads into complex database repositories.
5. Prepare project plans, prepare estimates of cost and schedule.
6. Provide support for integrated systems testing and user acceptance testing
7. Provide input to project status and progress reports to client and Sr. Management.
8. Provide mentoring and coaching on best practices.
1. 5 years’ experience as a System Analyst or Business System Analyst
2. Familiarity with Banking Applications including Cash Management and/or Payments is an asset
3. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
4. Knowledgeable in Distributed computing and Web based applications. Familiar with Logical Data & Process Modeling, Use Case Modeling, Work Flow Modeling, and the Rational Unified Process.
5. Knowledgeable in the System Development Life Cycle and Test Methodology.
6. Excellent problem solving skills, vision and innovative approach to computing based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
7. Some background in computer programming an asset
8. Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
9. Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
Computer Science Degree/Diploma or Business Analysis Diploma/Certification
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.