Job Title: Truck Driver
Employer: DLH Carrier
NOC Code: 7511
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON
The responsibilities and expectations of the Truck driver will Include, but is not limited to the following:
- Load and unload goods
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials,
- Perform pre-trip
- En- route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
Long-haul transport truck drivers
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Short-haul and local transport truck drivers
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
Requirements: Secondary School Education
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status and family status, handicap, or other protected status.
Preference will be given to Canadians, permanent residents, new immigrants, aboriginals, youth, older workers and people with disabilities who have the appropriate experience. Relocation Cost: Employer will pay the transportation expenses