Vice President of Education
Indspire is an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families, their communities, and Canada Indspire’s vision is to enrich Canada through Indigenous education and by inspiring achievement They accomplish this with the support of their partners and by means of various programs, initiatives and events.
- Through the Indspire Institute, the organization has built a professional learning community that provides resources to edu-cators, students, and communities to improve Indigenous youth academic success;
- With the support of funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources;
- Annually, the organization presents the nationally broadcast Indspire Awards in celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people.
lndspire is the single largest funder of Indigenous education outside of the federal government With the goal to close the Indigenous Education gap, they are seeking their next Vice President of Education. In this role, you will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work in collaboration with the President and Chief Executive Officer. As an important member of the executive management team, you will provide leadership, vision and operational oversight to the Education Department Notably, this includes leading the implementation of lndspire’s scholarship and education programs as well as directing the enhancement and development of programs and initiatives such as:
- the K-12 Institute online resource centre;
- the National Gathering for Indigenous Education conference;
- Rivers to Success national mentorship program;
- Soaring Indigenous youth career conferences;
- Building Brighter Futures bursaries, scholarships and awards programs;
- and many others.
Operational responsibilities will include managing staff financial resources and program budgets, upholding and updating policies and procedures, building a positive team culture, and guiding staff development through mentorship.
As the Vice President of Education, you are a key representative of the organization and will establish relationships with stakeholders including Indigenous communities and national organizations. You will promote lndspire programs, support fundraising efforts, create partnership opportunities, and increase the organization’s visibility, impact and network. As an influential leader, you will drive innovation through research and remain active and involved in the Indigenous education sector nationally.
Possessing a university degree in Education combined with senior administrative and management experience will support your success in this pivotal role. You will have strong communication, relationship building, and negotiation skills as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures, histories and issues in education Canada wide. You will bring a collaborative and flexible working style as well as track-record and passion for leading and inspiring change. Bilingualism and a post-graduate degree are considered an asset Preference will be given to an Indigenous candidate.
Applications and inquiries for this exciting opportunity located in Six Nations of the Grand River Territory (Ohsweken, ON) should be directed to us by contacting: Brock Higgins at brock@hiaginsinccom, telephone number. 613-788-8254 ext. 101.