- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Carillion Awarded Bronze Level Designation from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Carillion Awarded Bronze Level Designation from the
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
CONCORD, Ontario, September 23, 2015 – Carillion is pleased to announce that it has achieved Bronze-level designation in Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB). The company will accept this award tomorrow, September 24, at CCAB’s annual gala event in Vancouver.
The PAR certification program validates performance and confirms company commitment, success, and impact. It recognizes Carillion as a sustainable business leader who is committed to working with Aboriginal businesses and communities.
Carillion prides itself on building strong, mutually rewarding partnerships as it expands its operations throughout Canada. Examples of this include:
- The Bouchier Carillion partnership, which is a leading Aboriginal business in Canada that delivers integrated site support services across Alberta’s oil sands region.
- Our Aboriginal Relations Advisory Board, which consists of business leaders, cross-functional team members, and external advisors from across the country who are committed to guiding Carillion through its strategic planning and business development efforts in regards to Aboriginal Relations.
- The Carillion Aboriginal Bursary for Aboriginal students attending Douglas College in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Committed resources to develop business relationships with Aboriginal owned businesses as well as increasing Aboriginal representation in the workplace
- Company-wide Cultural Awareness training and relationship building, with a focus on strengthening our understanding of Aboriginal community needs, interests and rights, as well as increased participation in relevant company activities and decisions.
“CCAB is pleased to have Carillion recognized as a PAR Bronze Certified company,” says CCAB President and CEO JP Gladu. “The PAR Bronze certification recognizes that Carillion is building positive relationships with Canada’s Aboriginal community, and is engaged in active and strategic management of their Aboriginal relations. We look forward to supporting Carillion as they progress through the program towards strong and established relationships with the Aboriginal community in Canada.”
For more information about Carillion’s Social Sustainability Strategy, please visit: www.carillion.ca.
About Carillion Canada
Carillion is one of Canada’s leading integrated support services companies, with extensive construction capabilities, a substantial portfolio of Public Private Partnership projects and a sector-leading ability to deliver sustainable solutions. We employ approximately 4,000 people in Canada and 40,000 worldwide, with established businesses in the United Kingdom, the Middle East and the Caribbean. We have an annual revenue of approximately $1 billion in Canada and $7.5 billion globally. For further information on Carillion Canada, visit our website at www.carillion.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Carillion Canada Inc.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.