COVID-19 Working Group Member Undergoing COVID-19 Test, Off Reserve Gift Card Process
March 26, 2020
Please be advised that a Member of the MCFN COVID-19 Emergency Response Working Group is undergoing testing for COVID-19. While awaiting the test results and as directed by the MCFN Community Health Nurse, members of the MCFN COVID-19 Emergency Working Group are self-isolating. A further update will be provided to the Nation upon receiving the results of the test.
We want to reassure the Membership that everything will continue on as previously planned and posted, the Working Group will simply be interacting from home.
All essential services will continue as identified.
The Community Wellness process will continue as outlined on the MCFN Website.
Remember you can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people.
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell.
Most importantly remember to stay home and only venture out for essential needs as this is our best chance at slowing the spread of COVID-19.
There is a gift card process for off reserve Members:
- if you are a MCFN member who would like to register for an off-reserve gift card, requests will only be accepted via email. Please email Kailey.Thomson@mncfn.ca or Kerri.King@mncfn.ca to request a card for your household. All callers will need to identify who resides in their household, their registry number and current mailing address.
For further information please check our website – www.mncfn.ca