- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
RBC Taylor Prize 2020 Longlist Revealed
December 4, 2019
The trustees of the Charles Taylor Foundation are pleased to announce that jurors Margaret Atwood, Coral Ann Howells and Peter Theroux have named twelve titles to the 2020 RBC Taylor Prize longlist.
The jury noted that “Distilling these diverse riches, embracing the social, personal, political and historical, into a mere list of ten was a profound but rewarding challenge – our list could have been much longer, and indeed is longer than we were asked for! Readers globally can be thankful for a year of such exceptional Canadian contributions.”
The longlisted books for the 2020 RBC Taylor Prize are:
1. Rush to Danger: Medics in the Line of Fire by Ted Barris, published by Harper Collins Canada
2. Bush Runner: The Adventures of Pierre-Esprit Radisson by Mark Bourrie, published by Biblioasis
3. The Grandmaster: Magnus Carlsen and the Match That Made Chess Great Again by Brin-Jonathan Butler, published by Simon & Schuster
4. Had it Coming: What’s Fair in the Age of #MeToo by Robyn Doolittle, published by Allen Lane
5. We Have Always Been Here: A Queer Muslim Memoir by Samra Habib, published by Viking Canada
6. In My Own Moccasins: A Memoir of Resilience by Helen Knott, published by University of Regina Press
7. Highway of Tears: A True Story of Racism, Indifference and the Pursuit of Justice for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls by Jessica McDiarmid, published by Doubleday Canada
8. The Regency Years: During Which Jane Austen Writes, Napoleon Fights, Byron Makes Love and Britain Becomes Modern by Robert Morrison, published by W.W. Norton
9. Overrun: Dispatches from the Asian Carp Crisis by Andrew Reeves, published by ECW Press
10. The Mongolian Chronicles: A Story of Eagles, Demons and Empires by Allen Smutylo, published by Goose Lane Editons
11. The Reality Bubble: Blind Spots, Hidden Truths, and the Dangerous Illusions that Shape Our World by Ziya Tong, published by Allen Lane
12. The Mosquito: A Human History of our Deadliest Predator by Timothy C. Winegard, published by Allen Lane
The RBC Taylor Prize shorlist will be announced at a news conference Wednesday January 8, 2020, and the winner revealed at a gala luncheon on Monday March 2, 2020.
The presenting sponsor of the RBC Taylor Prize is RBC Wealth Management. The media sponsors are The Globe and Mail, Cision, CBC Books, Quill & Quire Magazine; its in-kind sponsors are Ben McNally Books, Event Source, Toronto International Festival of Authors and the Omni King Edward Hotel. Read summaries of the longlisted books here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.