Saskatchewan to host up to 2000 wildfire evacuees from Ontario – CTV News

by ahnationtalk on July 11, 20197 Views

July 10, 2019

The Saskatchewan government has agreed to host up to 2,000 people who have been forced from their homes by wildfires in northern Ontario.

The Ontario government says more than 20 communities in the province have been affected by the fires, including residents of Pikangikum First Nation.

Earlier Wednesday, the chief of the Indigenous community said evacuation by land and water had been put on hold because of a lack of places to send her people.

Premier Doug Ford said emergency response personnel are working closely with the Ontario Provincial Police and other agencies to fight the fires and ensure people can evacuate safely.

Read More: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/saskatchewan-to-host-up-to-2-000-wildfire-evacuees-from-ontario-1.4503049

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More