- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
0.5 FTE Human Resources Policy Officer
Position: 0.5 FTE Human Resources Policy Officer – Matawa Education Department
Formed in 1988, Matawa First Nations Management (Matawa) is a Tribal Council providing services to nine member communities in Northern Ontario. The organization is dedicated to providing its members with advisory and support services in the areas of communications, economic development, education, finance and business, health, membership and technical services.
The Matawa Education Department supports quality, accessible, community-based educational services for seven Matawa First Nation communities: Aroland, Eabametoong, Nibinamik, Long Lake #58, Ginoogaming, Neskantaga, and Webequie First Nations. In addition to providing advisory services to Education Authorities and Matawa First Nation leadership, the Education Department administers post-secondary support services for 5 Matawa First Nations; operates the Matawa Learning Centre, a private secondary school located in Thunder Bay; and coordinates the Student Nutrition Program for 6 communities.
Matawa is inviting applications for the position of Human Resources Policy Officer with the Matawa Education Department.
Reporting to the Education Department Manager, the Human Resources Policy Officer is responsible for providing support to the Matawa First Nations schools and education authorities in the areas of care and support of students attending school off-reserve, and supporting Matawa First Nations schools in policy implementation for hiring and recruitment practices.
The position is based in Thunder Bay, with some travel required to Matawa First Nation communities. The successful applicants will be required to submit a current Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector, and current “negative” result TB skin test. This is a contract position to March 31, 2018, with possibility of extension, pending funding and a successful performance review.
- A diploma or degree in a Human Resources related field with a minimum 5 years successful demonstrated human resources experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of issues and requirements related to information privacy and access, and confidentiality of an individual’s personal information and records
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Provincial and First Nations education systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, parents, administration, government and First Nation organizations
- Knowledge of Ojibway will be considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teaching skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
For additional information, including specific qualifications for the position, please view the Job Descriptions at the Matawa website: www.matawa.on.ca.
Salary: We offer competitive salary commensurate with education and work experience.
Duration: Contract to March 31, 2018
Please submit cover letter with resume and three employment references to:
Matawa First Nations Management
RE: MATAWA LEARNING CENTRE TEACHER COMPETITION
Suite 500, 28 Cumberland Street N.
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A 4K9
Fax: (807) 768-3301
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest in working with the Matawa Learning Centre, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: