Zurich is currently looking for an Accounting Associate in Toronto, to join a high performing finance team with responsibility for providing support for various types of Accounting and Reporting activities ensuring that accounting process and procedures are followed and completed to support Group and local Statutory reporting. This role requires a accounting and financial reporting knowledge.
• Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Finance area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Finance area
• Knowledge of insurance agreements and loss-sensitive programs
Capabilities Technical / Functional Capabilities
• Accounting – Proficiency Level basic / Intermediate
• Accounts Payable (A-P) – Proficiency Level Intermediate
• Accounts Receivable (A-R) – Proficiency Level Intermediate
• Financial and Accounting Systems– Proficiency Level Intermediate
• Financial Record Keeping– Proficiency Level Intermediate
• General Ledger (G-L) – Proficiency Level Intermediate
Education / Experience Requirement:
• Basic exposure to Accounting or Finance
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of accounting principles
• SAP knowledge
• Insurance industry knowledge
• Accounting and close process experience
• Provide support for various types of general and/or sub-ledger transactions relevant for Group reporting and local statutory reporting.
• Perform close related ledger tasks, e.g. accruals, provisions, journals postings.
• Provide support to Financial Operations (Accounts Payable)
• Process of payments in AP system
• Processing of Tax payments via Banking portal
• Processing of journal entries
• Provide support for inquiries from other divisions
• Provide support to Financial Operations (Collections)
• Processing of Journal entries
• Data compilation for management reporting (run pivots / data compilation)
• Analyses of account information to identify and reconcile discrepancies and/or complete research on financial data.
• Assess and evaluate Accounting processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Assist and support department initiatives
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.