Date: Apr 30, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42733 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Provide administrative and support services for the Vice-President, Customer Service
- Prepare routine correspondence and submissions, including reports, forms and memos
- Arrange meetings with internal staff, senior management, external groups, as required
- Maintain calendar, coordinate time request from Internal, Senior Management, external groups and government agencies
- Coordinate meetings, travel, hotel reservations and conference/forum registrations
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both senior level internal and external contacts
- Evaluate and screen telephone calls determining the urgency and confidentiality of issues
- Monitor all incoming mail and correspondence
- Manage expense reconciliations and coordinates payment of corporate expenses
- Coordinate, compile and prepare travel expense payments
- Assist in the preparation of Board documentation
- Format PowerPoint slides, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets to be presentation-ready
- Organize and make arrangement for Line of Business Team one-on-one meetings
- Review speeches and reports, editing as required
- Deal on a daily basis with highly sensitive and confidential material nonpublic information which must be protected from accidental disclosure
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- This position requires someone with 5+ years of experience supporting senior level executives
- Intermediate/Advanced in software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, often with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adjust to competing and/or rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivated with an upbeat can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent project management skills with a consistent focus on prioritizing projects, communicating project status and meeting deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable in the practice of corporate communications as it pertains to the dissemination/disclosure of information
- Excellent command of English and writing skills
- Ability to present and work cross-organizationally with exceptional professionalism and diplomacy
- Extremely detail oriented with proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive towards solutions and providing thought leadership
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: May 17 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Secretary, Corporate Communications, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Administrative, Marketing, Technology