Location: Canada – Ontario North East LHIN
Type of contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary Range: $74,377 – $92,971
The Canadian Red Cross, part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, is hiring Advisor-Indigenous Community Health and Wellness Liaison.
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to work with other dedicated individuals? Find out if this role is for you now.
We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
As an Advisor-Indigenous Community Health and Wellness Liaison , you will will foster respectful and collaborative relationships to build safer communities and meet the health and wellness aspirations and needs Indigenous Peoples to benefit future generations.
Priority will be given to candidates from an Indigenous community.
As an Advisor-Indigenous Community Health and Wellness Liaison :
- Deliver culturally appropriate and relevant assistance and programs in partnership with Indigenous leadership
- Ensure the Community is at the center of all initiatives including decision making on CRC programming. Ensure programs are sustainable and have resulted in increased community capacity and build on resiliency.
- Assist in providing technical guidance and recommend good practice that support capacity building
- Through extensive Community engagement, identify Community and system level barriers and gaps to accessing adequate physical and mental health supports.
- Applying the Red Cross Indigenous Peoples Framework Guiding Principles, support the Community in developing and implementing strategies to address Community identified priority needs and gaps in health services
- Liaise with Indigenous Leadership, Indigenous political bodies, Indigenous Organizations, various government representatives, and health service providers in support of addressing Community identified priorities.
- Support a holistic approach to wellness, community engagement, and emergency response.
What we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary Education in Health Human Services, with a minimum of 5 years health/ mental health related experience
- Experience working with Indigenous Communities and various levels of government
- Extensive experience working in the Health Care sector
- Ability to build strong, trusting, respectful relationships and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and fluency and written ability in the Cree language an asset
- Ability to problem solve and take appropriate initiative
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and provide results in a timely manner
- Ability to use social media appropriately for communication
- Extensive travel is required as the majority of work is performed in remote First Nation Communities. Must be able to navigate environmental challenges, such as cold weather, ice road travel, and flying in small air crafts. Maybe required to possess a Valid Ontario Provincial Drivers license and access to vehicle. The ability to work non-traditional hours is a requirement of the job.
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.