Assistant Network Management Officer
Date: Dec 7, 2020
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40112 – Barrie – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Participate in a team in performing assigned responsibilities
- Assist in providing engineering support to the development of operating Instructions
- Assist in responding to equipment outages on the transmission system providing advice, direction and contingency planning coordination
- Participate in implementing Hydro One’s transmission outage program
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies, procedures, plans and schedules for transmission outages.
- Assist in calculating limited time ratings for transformers
- Assist in revising Facility Description Documents (FDDs) for special protection schemes
- Assist in performing summer and winter assessments for Hydro One transmission system, performing load flow, contingency analysis on NMS
- Provide assistance and facilitate resolution for operational issues raised during the planning, design and implementation phases of capital and sustainment projects.
- Assist in providing operations support to the various OGCC departments
- Provide operations support and input to Hydro One strategic initiatives
- Assist in the review of new or revised policies, standards, processes, and procedures from non-operating sources from an OGCC operability perspective
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures as required
- Assist in other duties of the OGCC as workload and priorities dictate
Selection Criteria – Essential Competencies:
- Must be able to efficiently plan and organize work and prioritize multiple activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and make significant contributions to the team
- Clear and concise communication skills both verbal and written on topics with moderate depth and complexity
- Requires extensive operating experiences to understand the practical applications to disturbance analysis and power system operation.
- Demonstrated understanding of Operating policies and procedures.
- Requires an advanced knowledge of outage scheduling processes and procedures sufficient to conduct power system studies in support of outage requests.
- Appreciation and commitment to customer needs
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory as related to operating different components of transmission systems in an interconnected power system
- Requires good knowledge of using power system analysis tools like PSSE, for conducting power flow, contingency analysis and short circuit studies
- Requires good knowledge of using Hydro One Network Management System (NMS) for conducting power studies and effectively retrieving required information
- Requires very good understanding of Special Protection Schemes applied in Hydro One Transmission System.
- Good understanding of Market Rules and the IESO processes related to reliable operation of interconnected power system
- Should be very proficient in using Hydro One information system tools
- Requires very good knowledge of protection and control systems installed on the Hydro One transmission and distribution system
- Support System tests; develop and implement operating procedure as required. e.g. Voltage reduction tests, Under Frequency Load Shedding Survey annual review
- Provide presentation material and make presentations to others (internal or external) on matters related to operation of the system
- For this position a university degree in power engineering or applied sciences or equivalent is considered necessary
- It is expected that to qualify for this position 4 to 6 year experience in power system operation, power system protection & control, power system planning and outage coordination and power system design and engineering would be required
The System Operations Division includes various departments which are divided into sections/sectors. This position includes the expectation that the successful applicant(s) may be rotated and/or transferred among the various departments as necessary for both personal development and divisional requirements.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 21, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.