Automobile Underwriting Team Lead, Ontario Region
To managean underwriting unit, specializing in one or more lines of business, to aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions. Newly created opportunity to bring your leadership abilities forward and share your technical experience with a high functioning diverse automobile underwriting team. Your extensive broker network and management skills will steer you in leading the team.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelors Degree
• Advanced knowledge of line/s of business
• Ability to manage and build rapport with team
• Excellent organizational, written, oral communication and presentation skills
• advanced knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• 6 months or more of supervisory or management experience
• Established Producer relationships
• Advanced skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
• Strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.