Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Building Maintenance Coordinator within our Facilities Management Division.
- Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, repair and refurbishing of City buildings and parking lots.
- Prepares annual budget and monitors expenses throughout the year.
- Prepares specifications, sketches and quotations or tender documents, analyses submissions and makes recommendations for work to be done by contract.
- Supervises cleaning, maintenance, repair and mechanical contractors working in buildings. Inspects work and ensures completion.
- Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance and trade staff in the maintenance and general construction of City facilities.
- Prepares annual maintenance, repair and refurbishing programs and monitors building conditions to ensure that minor repairs and all safety related work are performed promptly.
- Responds to complaints and keeps a record of complaints and resolutions.
- Schedules work shifts, vacations and maintenance schedules.
- Coordinates the set-up of equipment for special events.
- Performs minor repairs using basic tools. Travels to various work locations.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must be certified as an Engineering Technical/ Technologist in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years’ experience in office building repair, maintenance and refurbishing.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements. Must be able to travel to different locations to perform building maintenance coordinator duties as assigned.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
You must also have:
- A proven ability to work in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- A proven ability to work effectively within given objectives and without constant supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to foster and maintain good public relations and customer service with general public and be able to communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID #2263184 and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: