Working under minimal supervision to identify gaps between business objectives and systems scope by interviewing business owners, conducting research and drawing on own knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements in order to propose and develop approved system enhancements. The role also guides and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
• Coordinate and lead activities with business owners to gather detailed requirements through interviews, documentation and facilitated working sessions for approved projects and enhancements.
• Work with testing team to manage integration, UAT & regression testing (including building test cases) for project and application development
• Support the development team in completion of impact assessments and validation of effort estimates.
• Support system configuration and integration testing including the functionality, performance and fit to ensure original requirements are met.
• Monitor business decisions and manage requirements documentation and communication.
• Organize and manage multiple assignments with competing priorities and deadlines, while adhering to departmental guidelines and expectations.
• Evaluate project impact through consultation with the business, regulatory, Information Technology management, development, quality assurance, validation, and training teams.
• Lead analysis of requirements to determine the systems’ potential and define impact on other business units and systems.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or Engineering and 5 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
AND any of:
• Business Systems Integration experience
• Test case development
• Application management
• Experience in intermediate complex enterprise projects
• Able to identify and consider business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
• Must possess in-depth, strong problem solving analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills needed; ability to tailor approach based upon audience and message
• Hands on experience with change management tools/methodologies and/or test case development
• Experience in any of the following: SoapUI, PostMan, SQL, .net, web technologies, Salesforce
Work with the project team to deliver successful products to the business
• Work with various functional units to ensure requirements are met within project and application accountabilities
• Prepare draft manuals based on the accepted changes to IT policies and procedures, to ensure they are up-to-date and reflect the new policies, and that internal partners and external suppliers are in line with SLAs (service level agreements), risk and compliance.
• Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and design/develop and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with Zurich´s policies and processes and regulatory requirements.
• Contribute to the delivery of assigned IT projects in own area of expertise for specific lines of business, collaborating with IT colleagues from across the wider function to agree an approach for project / program management.
• Act within a number of complex processes and procedures and use in-depth knowledge to solve internal customer issues or escalate appropriately to manager, internal partners or external vendors.
• Work with colleagues across the IT function to ensure plans are aligned to functional DR&BC plans and policy.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.