Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Anishinabek Nation/Union of Ontario Indians’ Grand Council Chief, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the successful leadership of the organization according to the strategic direction provided by the Leadership Council.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge and experience in financial and human resource management, policy development and implementation;
- Demonstrated, strategic planning, priority-setting, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills;
- Excellent public relations skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and provincial government structures, policies and decision-making processes;
- Sound understanding of First Nation culture, social/economic conditions, political issues and aspirations;
- Knowledge of First Nations, First Nation organizations, their mandates and structures;
- Experience working with a Board of Directors;
- Experience working with a Charitable organization;
- Solid written and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary management team;
- Ability to plan, manage programs and operations within the framework of the goals, strategic plans and budgets;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge/awareness of Anishinabek language and culture is required;
- Successful applicant will be required to travel throughout Anishinabek Nation membership communities.
- Graduate degree in the area of Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce.
- Minimum of five years senior management experience including demonstrated competence in program, human resource and financial management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/auditing practices.
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence, insurable.
||Per salary grid. Excellent benefits package.
||Head Office, Nipissing First Nation, North Bay, ON
||Thursday, June 20, 2019 @ 4:30 p.m.
(Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.)
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and three employment references to:
Glenda St. Amour
Director of Corporate Services
Anishinabek Nation (Union of Ontario Indians)
P.O. Box 711, North Bay, ON P1B 8J8
Tel: (705) 497-9127 / 1-877-702-5200
Fax: (705) 497-9135
E-mail: [email protected]
Individuals of First Nation ancestry are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to Anishinabek Nation member First Nation applicants. Miigwetch to all who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.