In this role, you will be joining a professional and collaborative team environment. Zurich is a supporter of employee career growth and development and as a Zurich employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth by way of online and in-person training.
Your primary responsibility will be to handle moderate exposure commercial liability claims with a view to obtaining the best possible outcome for Zurich’s insureds.
The position will involve the assessment of coverage for each claim to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
You will negotiate settlement of claims and be responsible for establishing and updating reserves in accordance with Zurich’s reserving philosophy, and performing ongoing review throughout the claims cycle within the authority limit.
You will also be responsible to deliver a Zurich customer – focused claims handling to create valuable relationships with our new and longstanding customers.
• College Diploma or University degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims and Litigation area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims Handling area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• Proficient with Office 365 productivity tools and apps
• Knowledge of insurance regulations, markets and products
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment and across work groups
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
Document claim files by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices for single and multi-party commercial line claims of simple to moderate exposure and complexity.
• Exercise judgment to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout the claims cycle within the authority limit by estimating and validating the value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claims by establishing appropriate negotiation strategies and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Meet quality standards by following best practices
• Business travel, as required
• Extended hours during peak periods, as required
• Pass applicable exam/licensing, as required
• Regular predictable attendance
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.