Claims Strategist Specialist
Directs the planning, execution, and measurement of Claims strategic and transformational initiatives, engaging directly with the senior team and relevant stakeholders from Claims and other areas both at Business Unit and Regional level, and is accountable for shaping and driving transformational initiatives for the Claims Organization.
• Bachelors Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims, Consulting, Risk Engineering or Underwriting area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Claims, Consulting, Risk Engineering or Underwriting area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims, Consulting, Risk Engineering or Underwriting area
• Experience in Organizational Effectiveness or Change Management
• Experience in the application of existing and/or change management methodologies and tools
- Insurance industry knowledge with subject matter expertise in at least one functional insurance discipline; such as Underwriting, Claims, Risk, Engineering
- Project management experience
- Programming knowledge is desirable
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Lead, design and/or facilitate cross-functional projects that promote organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability.
• Create timelines, agendas, goals and metrics/measurements.
• Guide in the development, implementation, and institutionalization of best practices around execution and change management.
• Guide the development of communication and implementation procedures for enterprise and Business Units initiatives.
• Partner across Business Units to leverage enterprise processes and solutions to support integrated or Business Units specific solutions as appropriate.
• Provide methodologies and tools to sponsors and team members to support initiatives and institutionalize a culture that embraces innovation.
• Ensure appropriate change management practices are effectively utilized throughout the life cycle to improve execution and delivery of results.
• Take a holistic approach to identifying business improvement opportunities, develop solutions, manage initiatives and identify the resources.
• Ensure specific metrics and measures incorporated into solutions reflect the business strategy, track progress, capture the impact of changes and identify further opportunities for improvement.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.