Title: Client Service Representative
Location: Remote – Across Canada
Type of contract: Casual
Salary band: $30,556 – $44,561 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Client Service Representative to join its team.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
As a Client Service Representative you will work in collaboration with the Team Lead, Shared Services, and will act as part of the first line of support for current and prospective CRC personnel (volunteers and employees) in order to assist with a wide variety of client inquiries and requests – actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item as defined by service level agreements. Specific duties and responsibilities in this job description will require adaptation as lessons are learned and priorities change. All members of the People Services (PS) team are expected to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and change leadership to support the success of the PS team and the Canadian Red Cross as a whole.
As a Client Services Representative you will:
- Provides first-line customer service for general inquiries from volunteers and employees by responding to emails and telephone calls and assisting to resolve a wide variety of client inquiries and requests – actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item as defined by service level agreements while following proper protocols outlined by Shared Services
- Triages Shared Services and Shared Services Response inboxes and categorizes emails and phone calls
- Promotes the use of self-serve options and provides information as applicable
- Resolves routine problems/complaints using informed judgement, in accordance with organizational guidelines/procedures
- Compiles and verifies volunteer and employee data in systems of record with the goal of maintaining data integrity
- Receives and tracks all required documentation/information in order to provide up to date information to inquiries
- Adds appropriate workflows to trackers in SmartSheets
- Identifies gaps in processes and procedures and promotes learning of new systems, processes and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Minimum qualifications for this job are a secondary school diploma, and one year of related work-experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both in English and French, are mandatory
- Background in Business Administration or Human Resources Administration considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Outlook, and experience working with databases, including but not limited to Raiser’s Edge, Taleo, Smartsheet and Microsoft AX
- Demonstrated ability to adapt & resolve problems with limited resources in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet all challenges and demands based on relative importance and urgency
- Experience in working in a team environment, specifically a virtual team
- Experience working in a Contact Centre environment would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- You will be performing your job in an office environment as part of a virtual team- during office closures due to COVID-19 work will be performed remotely
- Role requires reliable computer, good internet connection, and working phone with nation wide plan
- Meetings and supervision will be a combination of telephone or other electronic means, including Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Working hours will be scheduled in shifts – maximum 7 hour shifts, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year, between the hours of 7:30 am EST to 7:30 pm EST (weekend and holiday shifts will be required), scheduled hours will be dependant on availability and organizational requirements. Shift will not be longer then 7 hours and weekly hours will not exceed 35 hours per week. There is no guarantee of full time hours
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality . We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible . All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.