Express Scripts Canada’s (ESC) Sales, Account Management and Client Services department is responsible for client sales, retention and satisfaction for ESC Pharmacy, ESC’s Insurance, Third Party Administrators and Government clients. The Client Services team works in collaboration with the Sales and Account Management team to deliver service excellence to private and public sector market clients by managing day to day inquiries, client operational needs and service requests as well as new program implementations, system release management activities, reporting and analysis.
The Client Services Manager is responsible for the day to day leadership of the Client Services team located in both Mississauga and Montreal. This role will be responsible for managing the oversight and execution of work assignments and collaboration with ESC operational and internal teams to ensure quality client services is provided. Responsibilities include directing operations, creating, executing and managing on procedures and resolution of customer complaints and inquiries. This leader utilizes in-depth professional knowledge, guided by functional practices to implement and execute best practice strategies within the Client Services team.
This position has ownership for managing performance and metrics, workflow management in collaboration with the supervisor, departmental standard measurements and core client service delivery. This role is responsible for client service support for both the private and public sector clients.
- Vision and Strategy: Develop vision and strategy for the Client Services team that aligns with corporate, sales and operations strategic goals and objectives
- Leadership: Lead and engage the Client Services team in achieving strategic goals/objectives, developing and implementing initiatives that meet the goals, maximizing outcomes. Manage staff performance though coaching and mentoring, ensuring skill development and cross training to create bench strength and alignment with corporate goals
- Workflow Management: Develop and maintain monitors and controls to maximize ability to meet service standards and objectives for turnaround time and quality
- Ensure that all contractual, service quality and service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Oversee operational processes and support process improvements, efficiencies and automation to optimize results.
- Develop ongoing operational metrics and to monitor work conducted by the team in support of our clients and ensure visibility on status of service delivery along with insights on trends
- Develop, monitor and assess key performance indicators to support data driven decisions in mitigating risk and exploring opportunities to streamline, automate and improve existing service delivery
- Oversee collaboration between supervisor and account management team to resolve issues and escalations
- Support of Core Service Delivery:
- Responsible for tracking and review of departmental activities; implementing and monitoring departmental metrics & ensuring those standards are met
- Partner with the Supervisor to proactively monitor and identify service trends and opportunities for improved efficiencies
- Ensure operational excellence and operational support for team through coordination with internal ESC departments
- Resource Management: Foster a people first culture that develops the skills and capabilities of team members to enable personal and business growth
- Accountability for managing resources, budgeting and forecasting targets.
- Work cross functionally with ESC teams to enable best holistic outcomes for the clients and organization
- Has ownership for applicable business processes including business continuity plans, project invoicing and sales orders, as well as handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related insurance industry field
- 8 – 12 years business experience plus 3 – 5 years relevant management experience
- Strong focus on key performance indications, monitoring metrics in the view of increasing client satisfaction
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through effective mentoring and coaching staff to achieve results and a build/maintain a high performance culture
- Excels at fostering cross functional teamwork and partnerships
- Self-starter able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and make independent decisions
- Proven skills in time management, planning, prioritization, change management and employee performance management
- Strong client service focus through adaptability, flexibility and a commitment to quality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive results through leveraging effective influence, negotiating and relationship skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bilingual; Fluent in French and English (verbal and written) an asset
- Knowledge of the healthcare and Group Benefits industry an asset
Deadline for internal candidates to apply is June 23rd, 2021
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.