Date: Feb 22, 2021
Location: Waterloo, CA
Company: Wilfrid Laurier University
Department: Facilities and Asset Management
Job Type: Continuing
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time (>=1249 hrs/year)
Reports to: Manager, Facilities Operations
Employee Group: WLUSA
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
Requisition ID: 1191
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus university that excels at educating with purpose. Through its exceptional employees, students, researchers, leaders, and educators, Laurier has built a reputation as a world-class institution known for its rich student experience, academic excellence, and global impact. With a commitment to Indigenization and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, Laurier’s thriving community has a place for everyone.
Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as locations in Kitchener and Toronto. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
This position is responsible for procuring goods and services, related to the maintenance, repair and operational needs of the Facilities & Asset Management Department encompassing Trades, Custodial & Grounds. This includes maintaining inventory in the stockroom, sourcing all required products, conducting cost comparisons, negotiating and maintaining vendor relationships. Monitoring service levels and understanding operational efficiencies are all a part of this position. The incumbent will participate in RFP and contract reviews, schedule vehicles for service, create internal quotes and invoice reconciliation. The position requires frequent use of internal software including TMA and ShopLaurier for purchasing and data reconciliation, which are part of the day-to-day tasks.
Sourcing & Purchasing
- Initiate the purchase of material for Facilities Operations via purchase requisitions, P Card or Systems Contracts.
- Negotiate and purchase materials and services for repair and operational needs.
- Analyze cost and service comparisons to ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective purchases for the department.
- Ensure understanding operation requirements and competing timelines.
- Meet with suppliers to source new products and address any concerns.
- Arrange service on Facility Operations fleet vehicles, and maintain service records
- Receive and confirm ordered materials.
- Monitor inventory levels in the stockroom.
- Understanding min/max, LIFO/FIFO methods as well as carrying costs and just in time methods.
- Co-ordinate and conduct an annual physical inventory count at fiscal end.
- Arrange for pick up and return of materials if required.
- Ensure materials are properly costed out on Work Orders.
- Ensure department bill out to accurately recover funds as well as providing an overall scope of the costing of work throughout the University.
- College diploma in Materials or Operations Management, Puchasing, Inventory Control, or a related field and two (2) years related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Inventory Management.
- Demonstrated experience in a multi trade environment.
- Ability to work with university computer systems and systems related to Facilities & Asset Management (TMA, Banner)
- Demonstrated expertise and accuracy in record keeping.
- Team work – ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision. Shares information with team members. Is collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
- Customer focused – responds promptly to customer needs. Uses customer information to improve service. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances. Makes suggestions for improvement.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respects diversity – treats others with respect. Is understanding of others. Avoids unnecessary conflict.
- Managing self – exhibits a strong sense of own capabilities. Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions:
- Ability to communicate effectively with manager, trades staff, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions.
Position Grade: SH-06
Rate of Pay: $29.59 – $34.70 per hour
Hours of Work: This is a full-time, continuing position. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
This position is eligible for educational equivalencies. Please refer to the attached link for details
Job Evaluation Factor Scores:
|WLUSA/WLU Job Evaluation Factors
|Education and Experience
|Applied Reasoning and Analytical Skills
|Co-ordination and Planning
|Responsibility for Others
|Impact of Decisions
|Multiple Demands and Priorities