Tile: Cold Chain Coordinator
Location: Ontario, Canada
Type of contract: Temporary, full time
Salary band: $61,592 – $76,990 /year
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organization on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking a Cold Chain Coordinator to join our Vaccination Emergency Response Operations.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
As a Cold Chain Coordinator, you will be reporting to a Deputy Operations Manager and under the clinical leadership of the Health in Emergencies Unit, you could be deployed to different mobile clinics or vaccination operations.
As a Cold Chain Coordinator, you will:
- Manage all vaccine storage and handling protocols and any required procedures for managing cold chain breaks.
- You will assist and provide oversight for ensuring that all vaccines and diluents are handled correctly, that procedures are documented, and that all personnel assisting in cold chain management are following correct protocols.
- When receiving the vaccine at clinic sites you will be storing the COVID-19 vaccine, the receiving Vaccine Coordinator will act as an authorized receiver and signer for the vaccine delivery.
- The Vaccine Lead for the facility will ensure that standard operating policies and procedures related to vaccine storage and handling are in place, updated, and are followed.
- As a Cold Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for timely vaccine delivery and simultaneously ensuring cold chain and vaccines are correctly stored, monitored, and replenished according to best practice by PHAC, WHO, and Health Canada guidance, and as per the
- Manufacturer’s specification. you will liaise between the clinical team and logistics with respect to medical supplies.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-2 years of experience with management of medical stock/ cold chain management/ vaccine storage and handling/ Vaccine monographs
- Background in medical logistics and/or logistics and a medical background or experience with medical logistics (particularly cold chain) would be preferred
- Experience in forecasting based on consumption, demographic data and trends
- 1-2 years’ experience of supervising & supporting staff and/or volunteers and who can follow Standards operating procedure for Cold chain Management(Ontario Mobile Clinics) and designate and train alternate(s)
- Active CPR certification
- Knowledge of IPC / PPE, particularly regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Strong communication (English), diplomacy and negotiation skills for work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary context
- Valid provincial driver’s license and a successful Canadian criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening
- Competent computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail)
- These are Field based positions that may be difficult and demanding both physically and psychologically.
- The ability to work in a high risk, fluid and evolving situation may be required, as is the ability to work long hours and require working in mobile conditions.
- Physically able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 15 lbs or 6.8 kg
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.