Date: May 3, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42806 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Compensation Specialist will support the delivery and review of Hydro One’s compensation programs and processes, including the annual compensation cycle, market benchmarking reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Support the planning and execution of the annual compensation cycle, including delivery of merit, incentive and other annual compensation programs
- Support the development of material for the Board of Director related to compensation programing decisions
- Contribute to the development of Hydro One’s annual compensation disclosures and materials to fulfill reporting requirements
- Develop materials to promote stakeholder understanding of Hydro One’s compensation programs and the impacts of any changes
- Conduct ad-hoc analytics and external research to support evidence driven decision making related to compensation programs
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on compensation, providing advice and guidance on program mechanics, compensation recommendations and job evaluation
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Human Resources or related fields
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years’ related human resources with compensation and incentive program experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources theories, principles, and practices, with a strong focus on Compensation
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and skilled in manipulating and presenting data
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required; proficient with PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in handling information of a sensitive nature
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to summarize information concisely and present in written, graphical and/or verbal format in order to convey complex information to all levels of stakeholders
- The ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the company
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Experience with executive and equity compensation, or administering compensation with SuccessFactors and/or Shareworks is an asset
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: May 17, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Equity, Compensation, Finance, Human Resources, Research