Title: Coordinator – Communications Business Support
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Employment status: Temporary, full time (12 months)
Salary band: $42,048 – $52,560/year
The Canadian Red Cross, an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Communications Coordinator for National Office, Ottawa.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
As a Communications Coordinator, you will work with the Communications Business Lead, Communications, National Office, Ottawa and will support the development and execution of communications strategy in support of Canadian Red Cross strategic and operational goals.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative and coordination support to the Communications Department.
- Coordinate the team’s on-call schedules and support staff across the country.
- Monitor and maintain promotional material stock.
- Distribute communications material within the department teams for internal purposes.
- Distribute all Society publications and ensure up-to-date renewals of CRC subscriptions and payments.
- Coordinate in-house meetings and ensures logistics are carried out.
- Manage communications distribution lists and organizational chart and dissemination of information and related materials.
- Provide support in processing of expense reports, purchase requisitions and maintain an effective filing system of key documents.
What we are looking for:
- Fluency in English verbally and in writing, fluency in French is a strong asset.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated adaptability, team excellence, results focused, service excellence.
- Keen attention to details.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Strong management of calendars and email.
- Office work is performed in a typical office environment and can be a combination of work from home and within the Canadian Red Cross office(s).
- Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice, especially during times of emergency response.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.