- Research, plan, develop implement and evaluate program development strategies and concepts to enhance the image of Toronto Arts and Culture Services properties, events and policy initiatives and to expand participation in the Cultural Hotspot program.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of program development plans and make recommendations for changes to strategy, plans and budget.
- Write, research, and develop strategies for program development, audience development, customer services as well as promotional vehicles to proactively market arts, culinary and self-guided tour programs to potential participants and stakeholders.
- Develop marketing materials, coordinate advertising campaign, social media campaign and manage web content.
- Assist in planning and implementing an overall community arts outreach strategy in underserved areas, working in consultation with Culture and other City staff, community organizations and representatives.
- Utilize community networks established through prior arts programming to identify community needs, find funding opportunities, establish partnerships and develop timely and relevant community-based arts programs.
- Develop and deliver appropriate arts programs, services and partnerships, particularly in underserved communities in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
- Create, lead, facilitate and evaluate community consultation meetings, community arts programs, exhibits and special events and coordinate the delivery of projects, including in underserved communities, in a variety of art forms. Assist in the implementation of cultural facility programs and workshops as required.
- Establish and maintain contact with residents and community organizations to promote awareness of cultural activities and opportunities for community engagement, partnership and participation.
- Liaise with community groups, arts presenters, governing bodies, school boards, the public, facility and City staff to coordinate use of premises requirements.
- Coordinate the administration and operation of facility use of premises including planning, promotion, sales and customer service, and records keeping.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an arts discipline or related field combined with considerable experience in the community arts sector or an approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating art programs and exhibitions including art outreach programs in underserved and diverse communities.
- Considerable experience and demonstrated success working with diverse communities in partnership with a variety of stakeholders including youth, seniors, LGBTQ2S, newcomers, First Nations, people with varying abilities, community groups, volunteers and artists.
- Considerable practical experience in project management, program planning, gallery program development, delivery and documentation of community arts initiatives to achieve strategic objectives with proven knowledge of community arts issues and practices.
- Considerable customer service, public relations, interpersonal and conflict management skills and experience.
- Experience with writing copy for marketing materials, inclusive of program guides, brochures, advertising, web, social media, flyers, and press releases.
- Experience utilizing social media as a marketing and engagement tool (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite), strong knowledge of updating web content management systems, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
You must also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all organizational levels and with diverse cultural groups, volunteers, artists and the public.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and contribute as a member of a team.
- Proven track record of program planning, delivery and evaluation of community arts programs that address youth and diversity issues, in collaboration with community organizations, and familiarity with those that exist in underserved communities
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Able to develop and sustain partnerships and to lead project teams, internal and external.
- Ability to perform physical tasks related to gallery installations, including moderate load carrying (artwork and gallery supplies) art installation, assisting patrons during a fire alarm (descending stairs).
- Current First Aid certification or must be willing to train.
- Smart Serve certification and familiarity with the Municipal Alcohol Policy or must be willing to train.
- General knowledge of administrative and financial procedures.
- Experience in facility rental planning and promotion an asset.
- Ability to regularly work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.