Customer Information Management Consultant : 00008Q61
Employment Type: Regular
Provide strategic and tactical information systems support across the organization. Manages the content and effectiveness of the information structure. Interface with portfolio managers and vendors to determine immediate information requirements, anticipate future needs and drive infrastructure development. Manage and ensure proper monitoring and testing for system accuracy, accessibility, stability and security in support of current and future business initiatives. Manage teams and staff towards the integration of external and internal data to support marketing and risk management analytics. Enables and assists analytic and business staff to achieve optimal financial return from data resources.
Impact on the Business
- Leverage the information infrastructure to support the business community. Identify areas of need, develops support to generate incremental value for the organization. Interface with the business unit to define objectives and requirements and develops requirements into a format that allows a technical solution to be created and implemented.
- Manage the content and effectiveness of the information infrastructure including the Oracle and SAS data marts, Reporting and Access Tools and the quality and accuracy of the content. Develop project plans and executes data mart development assignments.
- Solve technically complex programming projects in assigned area. Translate loosely defined business problems into a set of objectives, criteria and logical specification so a programming solution can be developed. Develop, test and write highly complex application programs, queries and profiles according to specification.
- Jointly develop business requirements with business analysts. Code, test, debug create documentation and implements solutions. Develop tables, code and code libraries that can be shared by analysts across the business unit to increase accessibility to data marts.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage internal and external resources, processes and projects to develop key information sources and deliverables to provide the business with an easy-to-use structure containing the strategic information necessary to perform complex analysis, modeling and segmentation.Oversee the development of cost-effective code for assigned projects.Oversee the maintenance of generated programs, queries and profiles to make certain organizational computer and information resources are leveraged efficiently.
- Identify and develop new data sources for use throughout the organization. Develop data source, stage for immediate use, design a process or plan for integration into overall infrastructure and manages integration to completion.
- Develop the information required to manage the customer relationship, employ in the decision engine and leverages information in all channels of customer contact management process.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- A minimum of six to eight years experience in a computing or information science environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc. or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong management, organizational, analytical and technical skills required. Demonstrated proficiency in programming in SAS,
- Easytrieve, COBOL, SQL, PEARL, or JAVA; strong query writing skills necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
Job Field : Analytics
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 27-Feb-2017, 00:00:00 Unposting Date : 06-Mar-2017, 23:59:00