Cybersecurity Risk Consultant
Zurich Resilience Solutions Canada is seeking a Cybersecurity Risk Consultant to join a fast-growing team. This is a virtual role, preferably from a location in Southern Ontario or Quebec (Montreal region). Will also consider other virtual locations within Canada.
This will be an important technical role within the Zurich Resilience Solutions Cybersecurity Consulting Team. This team of information security experts provides cyber risk guidance to customers and internal business partners. The main responsibilities of this role will be delivering fee-based cybersecurity consulting services. Specifically, you will be responsible for providing cybersecurity advisory, assessment and risk improvement services to customers, including gap analyses, incident response planning services, tabletop exercises, vendor risk management guidance, etc. You will also collaborate with and support Canada Cyber Underwriting by providing technical assessments of the cyber vulnerabilities, cybersecurity defenses, business continuity preparedness, and other critical security risk management practices of our customers and prospect customers.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Risk Management and Cybersecurity/ Cyber Risk area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Management and Cybersecurity/ Cyber Risk area
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience working in a team environment
- Bilingual (English/French), reading, writing, speaking
- A bachelor’s degree in information security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree program with an emphasis on cybersecurity.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, and/or other relevant designations/certifications
- Experience scoping and delivering consultative professional services engagements including development, review and tabletop exercises of Incident Response Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans and Business Continuity Plans; Cyber Risk Gap Analyses, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage relationships with third party and Managed Service Providers
- Ability to assess risks associated with Cybersecurity across various industries and develop insightful reports
- Expertise with cybersecurity frameworks such as the NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO 27001, COBiT, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, and other relevant industry-specific frameworks and regulations
- Experience with project management skills and techniques
- Experience in cyber insurance
- Motivation to self-educate and to be aware of current threats, hacker techniques and risk mitigation tactics
- Ability to train other technical and non-technical audiences on cybersecurity assessment techniques
- Able to present in front of large audiences
- Ability to develop proposals, negotiate fees, and secure professional service contracts with customers
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Assess the quality of complex risks as described in the appropriate standard(s) and related competency level , and assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions.
• Support external customers by identifying, and reducing the risks that they face individually, and on an overall account basis.
• Provide appropriate risk improvement advice, conduct loss investigations (including both trend and root cause analysis), and implement risk improvement programs.
• Share technical expertise with colleagues, business partners and customers through training delivery or participation in a Centre of Expertise or industry segment.
• Produce work that complies with Company standards, in terms of technical quality of policies and procedures.
• Anticipate, recognize and respond to the needs of customers by providing expert solutions and training to key customer(s),
• and contribute to Business Operation Profit through opportunity spotting and cross selling.
• Develop and maintain positive customer and business partner relationships, and collaborate with both customers and Business partners to develop appropriate service plans.
• Resolve technical issues, problems and projects in reference to policies and procedures within a specific function or unit.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.