Director, Clinical Services
The position of Director, Clinical Services provides direction for, and is responsible for the output of multiple disciplines within the ESC Clinical Program. This position is responsible for the successful management of all activities related to the development and maintenance of Express Scripts Canada’s clinical pharmacy benefit solutions and contributes to establishing strategic goals across the each function.
This role is responsible for leading the clinical team comprised of a Sr. Manager of Clinical and Drug Plan management, a team of clinical pharmacists, a clinical services associate team along with a drug plan management team.
- Lead the clinical team and as part of the Senior management team, set the strategic direction for the team while also serving as the ESC clinical leader within industry conferences, events and client meetings.
- Provide strategic direction and clinical expertise for all clinical programs while working with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development of clinical formularies and programs;
- Champion ESC’s Drug Evaluation Committee (DEC) and Validation (VAL) meetings;
- Lead the development and delivery of ESC’s annual Outcomes conference and Drug Trend Report
- Lead the ESC’s Prior Authorization development
- Leading the development of new clinical products and for supporting the maintenance and enhancement of existing products.
- Fully responsible for the supervision and guidance of Clinical Pharmacists, Clinical Services Associate, and Drug Plan Management Specialists. For example, provide guidance to Clinical Services Associate on preferred approach and level of detail when responding to customer requests
- BS in Pharmacy
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience; 3-5 years of leadership/management experience at the senior manager or director level.
- Advanced clinical experience/training/certifications preferred.
- License to practice pharmacy in Canada
- Microsoft office experience
- Demonstrated experience in setting and achieving long range strategic direction, commitment to continuous quality improvement and results-oriented management and managing vision & purpose
- Strong organizational, communication (written, oral, and presentation) and PC skills including advanced research skills
- Working knowledge of the PBM and health care industry;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, oversee, and motivate cross-functional teams in a complex corporate environment.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Accountable to ensure expense is in-line with budget, monitor revenue, and adjust forecast as appropriate.
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.