Director of Development Ontario First Nation Information Governance Centre
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Director of Development, Ontario First Nations Information Governance Centre. The Director will be a key member of the Chiefs of Ontario working directly with the Chief Operating Officer and the First Nations Data Champion Advisory Committee. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual excited about taking on this ground breaking initiative. This individual will have a proven track record in political acuity, effective management and producing results.
The Chiefs of Ontario Secretariat is a dynamic organization that coordinates the efforts and issues of the Chiefs of Ontario Leadership through resolutions. As the host organization, we are seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead the development of the Ontario First Nations Information Governance Centre which will network with a National Council for First Nations Data Governance Centers.
This is an exciting position where you will combine your skills, experience and education to recruit, lead and inspire a dedicated team of professionals. Guided by the First Nations Data Champion Advisory Committee, the Chief Operating Officer and First Nations leadership from across the province, you and your team will successfully implement Phase 1 of the First Nations Data Governance Strategy.
Location: Flexible. Work from Home or Hybrid options are available.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a dynamic team of professionals
- Engage and consult First Nation Leadership, communities and First Nation organizations from across Ontario
- Builds and maintains partnerships, government relations and legislation
- It will involve policy development and negotiations
- Financial management
- Participate at national external expert tables
Relevant Skills and Education:
- A PhD or Masters degree in relevant field is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in First Nations organizations or communities is essential
- Excellent judgment and management skills; as well as the ability to think strategically while staying on top of tactical execution in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Extensive knowledge of the region’s unique characteristics and protocols and processes established by First Nations Leadership
Salary and Benefits
The Chiefs of Ontario offer a competitive salary, vacation, including complete office shut down for two weeks in December/January. Complete benefits package and employer matched pension program.
DURATION: August 2022 – March 31, 2025, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Human Resources [email protected]
A complete job description is available upon request.