Director of Programs and Services
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People.
We are seeking a Director of Programs and Services to become one of the newest members of a dynamic and fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be able to keep up with rapid change, have strong interpersonal skills, and be willing to take on new challenges.
The Director of Programs and Services is responsible for strategic leadership and operational oversight of all AHT programs and services. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director has broad responsibilities with respect to planning, program management, quality improvement, partnership-building, fostering collaboration and programmatic integration, and community engagement. This position is accountable for the ‘client experience’ at AHT.
The successful candidate will work primarily at the Queen Street location and is expected to travel among the three AHT sites as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic leadership and operational oversight of all AHT programs and services. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director has broad responsibilities with respect to planning, program management, quality improvement, partnership-building, fostering collaboration and programmatic integration, and community engagement. This position is accountable for the ‘client experience’ at AHT.
- Provide direct supervision to Unit Managers, Supervisors and facilities staff, keeping the Executive Director apprised in all matters related to these areas.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of AHT, including premises (owned and leased) and vehicles including security, maintenance, upkeep of equipment and provision of service providers when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters degree in health policy or management or other relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Toronto’s Indigenous community and passion about urban healthcare, and demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of traditional healing practices an asset.
- Five plus years progressive management experience preferably in a community health care setting.
- Expertise in service and program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven effectiveness managing others and building effective multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Support for the mission and values of AHT.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations required.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to [email protected], in a single document, with your name and “Director of Programs and Services” in the document name. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-920-2605 x332
Closing Date: May 21 2019
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
This position is possible due to the generous support of Anishnawbe Health Foundation and their donors, partners and volunteers.
Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the hiring process
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.