Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging Consultant
Zurich Canada is currently looking for a Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Belonging (DIEB) Consultant to manage our efforts in fostering DIEB within our organization, industry, and communities.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Experience and Culture you will further the progress we have made culture of diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) through the execution of organizational strategy. Partner with human resources team and relevant stakeholders to support the build of a long-term, sustainable DEI infrastructure practice. Help drive belief in DEI through all levels of the organization.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best and most impactful global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on h
What you will do –
- Provide DEI subject-matter expertise in the implementation of DEI initiatives, including but not limited to recruitment, training and employee experience.
- Manage multiple employee resource groups (ERG) including interfacing with executive sponsors.
- Partner with Communications to establish and manage internal DEI communication cadence to tell the DEI story.
- Enhance DEI metrics reporting and processes to measure engagement and progress. Including, identifies, researches, and analyzes organizational trends to bring about the best DEI solutions for the organization.
- Manage DEI events and campaigns as part of the DEI annual strategy by partnering with relevant internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Keep current on industry issues and developments by maintaining contact with others in field.
- Demonstrate a passion for and serve as a change agent for cultural belonging in a corporate environment.
- Independently collate and analyze DEI data to provide line manager and Human Resources Business Partners with the information required to plan and execute policies and processes related to DEI.
- Respond and guide Line Manager(s) in simple DEI related matters to ensure best practice and alignment across the organization.
- Ensure successful implementation of key DEI initiatives by consulting with line manager(s) and business units.
- Identify the need to modify DEI policies and/or programs to support the organizational strategy.
- Support Employee Experience and Culture initiatives as needed by identifying and managing DEI opportunities
- Participate in planning and annual budget process for DEI
- Bachelors Degree in Economics or Engineering or Finance or Sciences and No prior experience required in the area
- Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Analyst area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 6 or more years of combined business experience in the Diversity and Inclusion, Operations, Consulting, or Program Management area
- Experience in the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion area whether by formal job or engagement in other business activities (ERGs, D&I councils, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Experience with data analytics and preparing metrics
- Project management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.