Documentation Specialist – Fixed Income & Equity Derivative Confirmations : 0000852X
Employment Type: Regular
Primarily responsible for the processing of trade activity requiring paper confirmations for all Derivatives lifecycle events. End-to-end process knowledge and organizational skills are critical for success in this role, as responsibilities stretch across all the aspects of the Documentation process and across multiple Asset Classes. Ability to comply with deadlines and handle various reporting functions. Candidate must also have the capacity to handle change and to participate in system testing, recommend enhancements, and possess excellent communication skills.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Generate, review, and execute relevant ISDA confirmations
- Ensure confirmations are drafted against trades as booked in the Front Office systems and term sheets and documents dispatched to clients. Follow up on outstanding confirmations.
- Liaise with Trading, Sales, and Legal to produce confirmations for vanilla and structured Interest Rate, Credit and Equity Derivatives.
- Resolve discrepancies relating to confirmations with Sales, Traders, Clients and Operations
- Provide accurate and timely execution for all OTC derivatives confirmations received from Dealers and Clients, within both internal and regulatory guidelines
- Communicate effectively with internal and external entities to ensure accurate and timely resolution of queries
- Prepare daily, weekly, quarterly reports as necessary
- Participate in process improvements initiatives and system development
- Effectively manage operational risks
- Maintain the HSBC Group FIM standards and ensure satisfactory or above audit ratings are achieved
- Represent HSBC in industry working groups as appropriate
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Use judgment to act in team’s and organization’s best interest
- Independent decision making qualities while being mindful if associated risks. Escalate issues to Management, Front Office, etc. as required and in a timely manner
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance with Operational Risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- 1 to 3 years of Derivative Documentation experience
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Solid understanding of the ISDA Definitions – Interest Rate, Equity, Credit, Commodity (Optional).
- High level understanding of DFA confirmation reporting requirements
- Ability to prioritize and deliver in a system of tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- MS Office proficiency
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Ability to learn quickly and independently and take initiative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Summit, Calypso, Sophis an asset.
Job Field : Operations
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 13-Dec-2016, 10:30:06 Unposting Date : 28-Dec-2016, 02:59:00