Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
As a member of the Executive Support service team, the Executive Receptionist with the Executive Assistants, is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to all Executives in an effective and efficient manner; ensuring the delivery of first class service experience to all enterprise clientele and guests to the Executive Floor.
EXECUTIVE FRONT LINE:
* Ensure ALL guests are warmly welcomed at the Executive Floor following protocol guidelines by:
* Screening and directing them as per executive standards and protocol to the appropriate office or conference room,
* Handling special requests in an expedited and accurate fashion demonstrating Scotiabank’s service principles at all times.
* Consistently demonstrate and model Scotiabank brand and values in all interactions by:
* Collaborating with Executive Assistants and peers on all related tasks in a professional, efficient and accurate manner while adhering to Bank security, operational and compliance procedures and policies;
* Respectfully identifying planned clients/visitors prior to their arrival and enabling an exceptional visitor’s experience;
* Requesting or gaining a visual or picture, when possible to assist with identification of client prior to their arrival.
Guests Attention and Hospitality:
* Greet all visitors in a courteous and professional manner, as per protocol guidelines,
* Grant access as appropriate, following documented operational processes and protocol,
* Offer guests a seat in the waiting area and coffee, tea and/or water
* Announce the arrival of the guest to the appropriate Executive Assistant and when directed escort to appropriate office or conference room,
* Maintain daily visitor’s log up to date and refer to Security at the end of the day.
ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY AND SUPPORT:
Calls: Provide phone calls coverage for the office of President & Executives by:
* Professionally answering all incoming telephone calls with appropriate greeting as per protocol ,
* Taking accurate messages or transfer callers as required, and ensuring phone messages are communicated to the appropriate person, promptly ensuring phone calls are re-directed accordingly,
Conference Room Coordination – Ensure meeting room reservations are in place and conference room log is updated as per operational guidelines and system’s applications by,
* Booking meetings as required, if there is a conflict escalate to supervisor,
* Verifying required equipment is in place and in sound working conditions in advance of any meetings
* Liaising with building management, Audio Visual support & Hospitality Services to ensure all logistics have been confirmed and in place well in advance of any meetings, conferences, visitors, clients or government dignitaries.
Security: Ensure security procedures are properly followed at all times by:
* Maintaining a constant view of the visitors to the floor and immediately advising security should the need for their assistance is required, and
* Ensure that the Security Officer on duty is made aware of any non-bank employee who is on the floor without an appointment.
Correspondence / Mail:Process all department Incoming and Outgoing mail daily by:
* Receiving/opening/date stamping/Sorting/delivering/distributing departmental mail to appropriate Executive Assistant,
* Ensure undistinguished mail is handed over to the Security Officer for further action,
* Collecting all outgoing mail /delivering /dispatching mail, and
* Assisting departments with mass mail outs as required and coordinating the arrangements for couriers.
Stationery: Maintain department stationery by:
* Organizing stationery cabinets/rooms,
* Monitoring stock levels and tracking order requirements and ensuring there are no shortage of stationery,
* Coordinating stationery ordering,
* Receiving/checking /storing incoming stationery, and
Equipment: Provide photocopy and fax support by:
* Photocopying correspondence/reports/other requests;
* Sending / receiving / delivering fax messages;
* Replacing toner; Ensuring adequate supplies of paper/toner are in place at the stationery room, and Contacting appropriate vendors for repairs, when required.
An Associate’s degree (two years) from a credited university or college in Office Administration with 3+ years of related experience at a financial institution’s executive level; or a College Degree (4 years) degree from a credited university or college in Office Administration with a minimum of 1 year of related experience at a financial institution’s executive level. In addition,
* Excellent phone etiquette,
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English, French, Spanish fluency would be an asset
* Excellent and proven customer service focus record,
* Flexibility with hours and being punctual a must,
* Able to work with minimum supervision and in collaboration with a team,
An Associate’s degree (two years) from a credited university or college in Office Administration
Become part of a fast paced Executive Support team located at 40 King Street West, Toronto.
Excellent developmental opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Bank’s enterprise clientele and guests to the Executive Floor. We are seeking an individual who brings passion, energy and enthusiasm every single day.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and relationship management skills that will be essential to your success, along with the delivery of first class service experience.
French, English and Spanish language skills would be an asset.
This is an extended hours department who provide service between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 PM Monday to Friday.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE