Farm Management Advisor
IAPO, formed in 1984, is an Aboriginal Capital Corporation providing farm and business financing, as well as, agriculture extension advisory services to First Nations businesses and entrepreneurs. By supporting the creation and expansion of First Nations businesses, IAPO facilitates economic development and prosperity for First Nations communities and their members. To help ensure IAPO’s continued growth and success, IAPO is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Farm Management Advisor, Western Ontario.
The Farm Management Advisor is responsible for developing and maintaining effective business relationships with First Nations communities, farm businesses and entrepreneurs. Key aspects of these relationships is the delivery agricultural extension services and financing, as well as, community engagement.
On a regular basis, the Business Advisor works with First Nations farmers and community members across Western Ontario. Working collaboratively, the Farm Management Advisor provides a wide range of services to support the start up and expansion of farms and farm businesses, including agricultural extension and business advisory services, as well as farm financing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary education in Agriculture, Business, or Environment
- Knowledge of Ontario agriculture, farming, agronomy, horticulture, livestock, etc.
- Farm advisory/ lending experience
- Thorough understanding of farm business management
- Strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills
Specialized Skills & Experience
- Knowledgeable of First Nations culture and communities
- Experience working with First Nations communities and members
Consideration will be given to those candidates who do not possess all of the qualifications listed.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is full time, featuring a range of benefits. The position is based out of IAPO’s Lambeth office with the potential for a home offfice. Frequent travel throughout South Western Ontario is required once community visits resume. (Since March 2020, all travel and community visits have been suspended)
A full job description is available upon request.