Finance and Administrative Specialist
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Finance and Administrative Specialist. The Finance and Administrative Specialist will be a key member of the Finance Department working directly with the Director of Finance. Our ideal candidate will have strong accounting and reporting skills, enjoy working as a team, and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (with the option for hybrid work arrangement)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementing and enforcing financial policies and decisions of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Review and revisions of Chiefs of Ontario financial policies for recommended implementation.
- Submit recommendations and financial advice to Director of Finance to ensure effective, efficient and economical financial operation of programs, services and activities.
- Ensure all financial transactions, revenues, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable are recorded, maintained and truly represent the financial affairs of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- The preparation of all accounting records to include a complete set of business transactions, consisting of a general ledger, accounts payable sub-ledger, accounts receivable sub-ledger, general journal, cash receipts journal, sales journal, and fixed asset ledger.
- Ensure that all revenues are received in an accurate and timely manner and to report any variances to the Director of Finance.
- To maintain, prepare and submit financial records for submission to the various agencies, departments or organizations in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare for approval by the Director of Finance electronic payroll transfers.
- To assist in the conduct of the financial audit, presentation to the Chiefs in Assembly for acceptance and tender audit as required by resolution of the Chiefs in Assembly.
- To assist the Director of Finance in the overall financial management of Chiefs of Ontario.
- Ensure proper implementation, management of the computerized accounting system and upgrading as required and advise the Director of Finance accordingly.
- Provides all financial reporting requirements.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration or Commerce and/or
- Completion of two (2) years of a recognized professional accounting program (CA, CMA, CGA or CAFM) and in good standing.
- This position requires a minimum of two years direct experience.
- Consideration will be given if the above ideal requirements are not met but applicants must clearly possess a combination of education and experience to fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset.
- Experience working in a First Nation is an asset.
DURATION: October 2022 – March 31, 2024, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources